Generic Virus Thread

villakram

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Looks like we're going to have to cancel a self-catering holiday in Wales. Our gang of seven old codgers (three couples and a widow) have booked a cottage in Wales next month, but it's now against the rules. If we were in a hotel with dozens of other people, that would be OK. But the same seven of us in an isolated house, ooh, bad. 

Don't forget that Wales has different regulations.  As things stand, I think you're fine. 

We've got a camping trip in Wales next weekend with a bunch of other families which we're hoping will still work out.

Edit - scrap that, the rules changed today. Life comes at you fast.

Edited by ml1dch

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Depends on the age of the grandchildren. Under 11s don't count. 

According to the guidance they will do in England.

Link:

2.4 Are children counted in the group of 6?

Yes.

It's in Scotland where kids under the age of 12 will not be included, I think.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s almost as if this new rule was rushed through without thinking about it properly. If only there was a way they could discuss and debate the idea before implementing it to flesh out these kind of snags. 

No time for scrutiny. We're in a state of emergency.

Incidentally, get back to the office, plebs.

BBC:

A new Covid-19 contact-tracing app will be launched across England and Wales on 24 September, the government has announced.

The app will let people scan barcode-like QR codes to register visits to hospitality venues and will implement Apple and Google's method of detecting other smartphones.

Businesses are being asked to display QR code posters to support the app.

...more

Edited by snowychap

20 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I didn't have you down as one of 'them'. ;)

It's been my personal preference for many years.

I'm currently assembling and locking down Android phones into a managed environment for work, the experience has done nothing to change my POV 🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Can I be in one group of six people at 19:00 and then in a different group of six people at 19:30?

So I can have a pint with half of my friends in one pub, then swap to the other half in the next pub?

Oh look at Mr Popular 

• Haha 1

Â