Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Ours is different rules for the factory part - masks & virus PPE if less than 2 metres, no masks if 2 metres is possible. It seems mad to impose the stringent measures on everyone.

Our place has been quite good since the very start in being more safe than they’re told to be. 

They’ve tried to be always doing more than the government are telling them to do. 

The mask thing has been in place at our place for months. 
Plus they’re not making anyone come in yet. You can work from home if you want so I guess the logic is if you don’t want to wear a mask then don’t come in

10 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

How the hell does someone end up in Nether Stowey on a break?! That's about 10 minutes from where I grew up and I've avoided returning as much as possible over the last 10 years.

I think this about where I live. We have lots of holiday makers around here and I always wonder why. But, when you take the local glasses off and see areas for what they are, then I can understand it. Somerset is a lovely area.

Because I live in the countryside, my breaks are always by the sea or to a city. For someone that lives in a city, a break to the countryside must be proper relaxing. My aunt, who lives in Brum, came to ours and when sat on the decking having a wine and looking out over the fields you can see at the back, she said 'this is just like being on holiday'. I completely understand it now.

• Like 1

On 08/08/2020 at 17:01, StefanAVFC said:

Yeah i don't get it either. Wore one for 4 months and never had an issue and have seen people in US and UK complaining about breathing. Not aimed at VLV but it does seem a bit drama queen'y to me...

Maybe in certain parts, but we've been masked up since March and I've not encountered any issues whatsoever. 

I don't get the childish mask behavior at all, even though they are minimally effective. It' really weird reading about all the issues being reported in UK and somewhat back home in Ireland too.

• Like 2

You can’t argue with someone saying masks feel awkward or claustrophobic, to a large extent you have to accept what they say. Lots of it will be perception rather than reality, they just won’t like the idea so it’s instantly playing on their mind. Once they are consciously thinking about their breathing and their sweaty chin, it’s a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy that they’ll feel off in some way.

If you’re out shopping, I think you’ve just got to be fairly relaxed about other people and take the positives, there’s a lot less rampant vaping of strawberry fake cigs going on.

Most people you’ll be passing by them in seconds, so a superior stare is sufficient.

If you’re in work or a confined for any length of time, that’s when it’s their turn to man up and put the mask on and you are far more entitled to remind them of their responsibilities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s almost like you are not allowed to have an opinion on wearing a mask without it being seen as a moaning about wearing a mask.

Everyone just shut-up and wear your mask! 

Well, don’t get me wrong.

The vast vast majority of people should just suck it up and wear a bloody mask. Weighing up your discomfort against the death of my friends and family, I’d prefer you get a sweaty chin.

But, in the grand scheme of things, it’s not worth getting angry about and it’s not worth trying to police the world. Least of all, when there are some genuine exemptions out there.

For the majority, shut up and wear your mask. But also, lets not make it the Salem witch trials.

• Like 4

I was chatting to my brothers OH earlier who works in a nice pub. She said they’ve had to advertise the fact that all 3 sittings for meals on every day of the eat out to help out promo period are fully booked to stop people trying to book.

She said where they’d usually do 30 covers they are doing 130. 

Driving back from Barmouth on Sunday and stopped at three different pubs for dinner, every one looked at us like we were mad for thinking it would be possible to get a table. Need to get adjusted to this new covid-world reality that you can't decide to do things spontaneously any more.

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Russia is claiming they now have a vaccine and are administering it. They never bothered with stage 3 trials though so not sure I’d want to be an early adopter 😬

Health workers to get it first... and we thought our NHS staff were treated badly :lol: 

Russia's (the Soviet Union) biggest asset has always been people. Throw enough shit (people) at the wall and something will stick.

Wonder how many prisoners and such that has "volunteered" to test this new vaccine before it went into production. 

For those interested there is a long read about the people behind the Swedish strategy in one of the Swedish rags.

It's part 1 and you'll have to google translate .

The email revealing Giesecke's influence over the corona plane

Herd Immunity. The whole world associates Sweden with the word, but still no one wants to say that it was our strategy. So how has the strategy been formed among the leading officials at the Public Health Authority? Through access to hundreds of emails, I have been able to map what has built the foundation for Sweden's covid-19 strategy.

This is part 1, the story of Johan Giesecke and the Swedish Public Health Agency. 

https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/qs/mejlen-som-avslojar-gieseckes-inflytande-over-coronaplanen/

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Driving back from Barmouth on Sunday and stopped at three different pubs for dinner, every one looked at us like we were mad for thinking it would be possible to get a table. Need to get adjusted to this new covid-world reality that you can't decide to do things spontaneously any more.

I still can’t grasp that our government have gone from “stay home to save lives”, to “go to the restaurant and sit in a room brimmed with other people and we’ll even pay part of the bill”. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Its crazy how we've suddenly adapted to this whole new way of living. I can't just text my mate and say, "fancy a pint" without pre-booking a table first. Fingers crossed we find a vaccine for this virus quick so we can get back to normal. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

I still can’t grasp that our government have gone from “stay home to save lives”, to “go to the restaurant and sit in a room brimmed with other people and we’ll even pay part of the bill”. 

Whilst warning them that fast food and easy food culture is putting their health at risk.

Just been in hospital for 4 days, basic spinal fracture from a fall, no big deal, however, had a covid test whilst there, jesus christ, the nose swab, wtf, im pretty sure you don't need the swab inserted 3 inches up ya bloody nostrils, 1st one I gave her a bollocking and said thats too far, 2nd one was payback, I thought my eye was gonna pop out the socket. 

If you have a test be prepared. 

• Sad 2

42 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just been in hospital for 4 days, basic spinal fracture from a fall, no big deal, however, had a covid test whilst there, jesus christ, the nose swab, wtf, im pretty sure you don't need the swab inserted 3 inches up ya bloody nostrils, 1st one I gave her a bollocking and said thats too far, 2nd one was payback, I thought my eye was gonna pop out the socket. 

If you have a test be prepared. 

Sorry to hear about the injury.

That Covid Test doesn’t sound much fun either 😮 

• Like 1

Â