Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 hours ago, sne said:

Yeah, so far.

Hospitals are more ready now hopefully. Seen quite a few articles that state that hospitals in many cities are getting stretched to the max and that it is getting difficult to handle.

Must be h**l working in a hospital this year. 

I bet. 

and down south US, it gets hot and humid as hell for a long time, and the outdoors is the safest place!

• Like 1

If the infection rate continues to grow the way it is the death rate will grow regardless of how well the new treatments are working.  You can't get treated if there is no space in the hospital.  62,000 new cases reported yesterday in the USA.  This gets you to almost 2 million cases per month.  I can't see USA shutting down again under Trump or really any serious attempt at mitigation until Biden gets in (possibly).  That isn't until the end of January.  People might lock themselves down if bodies start piling up again, or there are more mass graves dug, but who the hell wants that?

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

So what do we think the chances of me and my pals having a six on six at powerleague are this side of Christmas.

3 on 3 currently. No contact.

Desperate 

Footy will go back to normal end of the month. Can’t wait. 

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Been playing 6 a side normally for 6 weeks

Where is this? Is it Poland? 

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Footy will go back to normal end of the month. Can’t wait. 

Yeah I read that but there was some BS about socially distancing still when they were referring to cricket so presume it would have been the same.

Bad news for IT-support world wide as Bangalore has shut up shop due to a virus outbreak.

Still, better than Florida that has a 1200% increase in new cases since the state opened up again in May. Roughly 9000 new cases per day.

Over 15,000 cases recorded in Florida today. The biggest single day rise in cases recorded by any state in the US. More cases in one day than any European country ever recorded. Indeed, only India Brazil and the whole of the United States have ever recorded more cases in a single day than Florida did today. 

Could get a bit dicey there in a few weeks when some of these cases progress through the virus. 

11 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Over 15,000 cases recorded in Florida today. The biggest single day rise in cases recorded by any state in the US. More cases in one day than any European country ever recorded. Indeed, only India Brazil and the whole of the United States have ever recorded more cases in a single day than Florida did today. 

Could get a bit dicey there in a few weeks when some of these cases progress through the virus. 

Disney opened 2 parks yesterday too. 
Does anyone know what their ratio of beds with ventilators to population is like?

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Disney opened 2 parks yesterday too. 
Does anyone know what their ratio of beds with ventilators to population is like?

Also, what is the average cost to a patient to be treated and can staff at a theme park afford the treatment?

2 minutes ago, choffer said:

60,000-80,000 in each park. It’ll be like a virus farm with a bumper amount of carriers to get the ball rolling. 

Florida must be a certainty for a lockdown in the coming weeks.

Edited by Genie

Â