Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Erm my Dad was responsiblefor closing most of them years ago (by order of your wonderful councillors), so sorry for our families connection with this

(For reference, he was Assistant City Engineer in charge of public buildings)

Given the state of many public toilets in this country its a good job he did

31 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Given the state of many public toilets in this country its a good job he did

I always thought public toilets were shut down in this country as they were 'meating' points for men of a certain persuasion. 

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

I always thought public toilets were shut down in this country as they were 'meating' points for men of a certain persuasion. 

How much would you steak on that being true?

Sausage.

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

Nah, Tories innit, forcing councils to stop spending a penny on non-essential services

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Ah but the Labour breakfast secretary said he ate pancakes, but he actually had toast.

Don't worry, having been told that it was a pack of lies, he went out and used the lies anyway.

Anybody still supporting this bunch of chancers deserves everything that's coming to them.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Littering is another litmus test for me, whether you're a good person or not. Reminds me of this.

agA07Ox_460s.jpg

I often slot together any other individual trolleys which have not been returned properly (although not in recent times for obvious reasons) thinking that it will make an employee's job a bit easier.

Therefore, I claim my place atop the moral apex of humanity. It's me and Boris up there.

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I hate Matt Hancock’s face. The same way I hated Wyness’s face. 

You can tell a lot about a person from a face. 

Really not the moment to suggest you can tell a lot about a person from the look of them.

• Haha 2

The government should stop avoiding parliamentary scrutiny of its coronavirus legislation

The UK government has introduced a new set of amendments to the ‘lockdown’ regulations in England to support the easing of restrictions on staying at home and meeting with friends and family.

But the government has introduced some important changes in how remaining restrictions are being enforced, and created new rules which restrict gatherings in private spaces. And it has done so without first putting a draft of the amended regulations before parliament. This approach is both unjustified and unwise.

...lots more

• Like 1

On 01/06/2020 at 22:29, villakram said:

I saw this story posted on a prominent news site earlier, right below massive amounts of indignation and courageous reporting about the protesting/racism/rioting and the reporters reporting said story in the USA.

Could anyone tell me where "The Congo" is? I know there's the Democratic Republic of Congo and the Republic of Congo, but it's just some place in the arsehole of Africa, so who cares (Toto... ahhh, great!). They are actually referring to the DRC, which apparently is referred to as the Congo, by the locals and wikipedia of course... I guess, they could have said Zaire, or the Belgians old plaything, but that would be rude.

Has media really gone so completely to shit, that such simple courtesy as actually referring to a place by it's actual legal name is not a thing. This may be rhetorical. 

/rant

The nation is called The Democratic Republic of The Congo as you have stated so I think The Congo is a fair abbreviation.

Unfounded rant, no different to the same abbreviation of UK, America, China, North Korea ect.

In the wider context of viruses and general knowledge of African nations being low I imagine it may be more useful to describe their demographics, socioeconomic conditions, pop density than get hung up on naming conventions

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Big of him to get stuck in imo

I'm not a betting man, but I'd put good money on a married, blonde scientist, probably in her early thirties having joined the advisory team in the last week or so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Nicho said:

The nation is called The Democratic Republic of The Congo as you have stated so I think The Congo is a fair abbreviation.

Unfounded rant, no different to the same abbreviation of UK, America, China, North Korea ect.

In the wider context of viruses and general knowledge of African nations being low I imagine it may be more useful to describe their demographics, socioeconomic conditions, pop density than get hung up on naming conventions

I’m confused, how do you know they meant DRC? I can’t see how you can know that, but it’s late I might be being thick.

Â