Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Genuinely had a moment's pause earlier when I realised I had a parcel coming from Hong Kong. That fleeting second where you think 'what if the guy packing it coughed over it? Do I need to quarantine the box for a bit?'. Then realised that viruses die outside of the body within a few hours and the travel will undoubtedly kill it even in the worst case.

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Genuinely had a moment's pause earlier when I realised I had a parcel coming from Hong Kong. That fleeting second where you think 'what if the guy packing it coughed over it? Do I need to quarantine the box for a bit?'. Then realised that viruses die outside of the body within a few hours and the travel will undoubtedly kill it even in the worst case.

and in the latest twist.....the searches on google have spiked

unbelievable Jeff !!!!!!

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/30/people-searching-corona-beer-virus-confusing-lager-coronavirus-12150342/

More than 7,700 cases of coronavirus have been confirmed across the world – but some people are still getting the deadly disease mixed up with beer.

According to Google Trends, searches for the Mexican beer Corona Extra have stepped up 1,100% in the US since the outbreak first reached the country. Among the most frequent searches are the phrases ‘beer virus’ and ‘corona beer virus’.

Global searches for ‘coronavirus symptoms’ also increased by 1,050% this week, while ‘what is coronavirus’ and ‘is coronavirus deadly’ also made the top five questions asked.

There is no link between the coronavirus and Corona Extra beer whatsoever. :crylaugh:

spacer.png

• Haha 3

WHO finally step up to the plate allowing the media frenzy to get going... and first human to human transmission in the US has just been reported. The war on Corona can not be lost. Deploy the hipster IPAs!

We are all going to die... eventually!

• Like 1

I'm going on a cruise in a couple of weeks. The cruise american based and going to the caribbean, but still makes me nervous that something could happen between now and before I leave. Hopefully this virus stays more contained. 

I'm flying to New Zealand and back in March with China Southern which includes a short layover in Guangzhou each way, i'm guessing I should start thinking about getting those flights cancelled and booking new ones 😑

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

You’re just gutted that the truth hurts, Chris.

At no point along the timeline of brexit did I look down the line of brexit supporters and think to myself, Jim Davidson, Mark Francois, Pub Landlord and Ann Widdecombe all support it, there’s a chance I could be wrong here.

It’s the same with fish in gravy.

It’s deja vu all over again.

• Haha 2

Â