Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, bickster said:

Extended

No changes whatsover you don't reckon?

I've been told to prepare to go back to work on May 11 (sales manager - car dealership)!!!!

9 minutes ago, wedge said:

I've been told to prepare to go back to work on May 11 (sales manager - car dealership)!!!!

I think they'd be mad if they did that right now

EDIT: I don't see anything being lifted until at least June and even then I'd have thought Car Dealerships would be way down the list

15 minutes ago, wedge said:

I can't work out if you want some more time at home or you really want to sell some more cars

• Haha 1

@VILLAMARVHaha, I'll be happy with whatever is deemed safest, which still seems like the former! Was just wondering where the May 11 date had come from considering nothing has changed yet.

Edited by wedge
  • Like 1

Think it will be extended again until the next bank hol at the end of the month but with a few more things given permission to open every few days starting with the larger stores that make up the rest of some of the retail parks as distancing is much easier in some of those massive places. Most of them will be pretty much half open now anyway with a supermarket/pets at home/b&q/Mcdonalds/KFC etc so makes sense to start there for other things like sports direct & whatever other stuff is there

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Think it will be extended again until the next bank hol at the end of the month but with a few more things given permission to open every few days starting with the larger stores that make up the rest of some of the retail parks as distancing is much easier in some of those massive places. Most of them will be pretty much half open now anyway with a supermarket/pets at home/b&q/Mcdonalds/KFC etc so makes sense to start there for other things like sports direct & whatever other stuff is there

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever ever to make retail parks even busier than they currently are.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever ever to make retail parks even busier than they currently are.

The people are already there & will be in much larger numbers once all of the food places are fully up & running next week, seems little point in only having every other shop open at the rest of the site

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

once all of the food places are fully up & running next week

Eh? Food places haven't shut?

But essentially you appear to be saying places are busy lets make them busier. That would be absolutely stupid

Then again, this government really seems to be insane anyway

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Eh? Food places haven't shut?

But essentially you appear to be saying places are busy lets make them busier. That would be absolutely stupid

Then again, this government really seems to be insane anyway

mcdonalds/kfc etc have all been completely shut for a month, only starting to open up for takeout & delivery now/next week

9 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

mcdonalds/kfc etc have all been completely shut for a month, only starting to open up for takeout & delivery now/next week

That was their own decision to close, nothing to do with Lockdown, take away food places have been open throughout

If they are reopening, I think that will delay further the other outlets opening.

11 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

There’s still some fish and chip shops open. Pet stores are open. Wicks open by me too 

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

i know other food places & fish & chip shops are open, they aren't in retail parks though are they...

Wickes is and the pet store 

Edited by PaulC

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Wickes is 

I know, Not really sure how these past few messages seem to have gone so backwards. I said it would probably make sense for the rest of the shops on retail parks to be allowed to open as half of them are open anyway and now with mcd/kfc reopening it seems daft that 60-70% will be open and the remaining bits like sports direct etc closed. They are huge stores where distancing is easy & people are already at the retail parks anyway. If anything it will spread the people already there out a bit if more shops are open. I would imagine that not many people walk to them given the out of town locations so once the car park is full that is the amount of people there at that time so they already have a somewhat inbuilt control on numbers . Surely spreading those already there out between 12 shops makes more sense than 8 shops

Edited by LakotaDakota

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52495737

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has given emergency approval for the drug remdesivir to be used as a coronavirus treatment, US President Donald Trump has said.

Trump said that the CEO of Gilead, which developed the drug, had described the move as an important first step and would donate 1.5 million vials of remdesivir.

Vice-President Mike Pence said distribution of the drug to hospitals would begin on Monday.

The drug, which was originally developed as a treatment for Ebola, cut the duration of coronavirus symptoms from 15 to 11 days in one US trial involving hospitals around the world.

However, a Chinese study has questioned the drug's usefulness.

Read more about remdesivir here.

Â