Generic Virus Thread

villakram

56 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Of course

Just caught up on all this - I was leaning towards being supportive to the leaders when it seemed they'd hit the target - but at the back of my mind wondered how. They are basic frauds, they have been cooking the numbers since the Brexit campaign. It works for them, but surely it'll catch up with them?

Well, I parked on the double yellows directly outside the police station this morning.

Sat on the kerb and drank some water. Wandered off taking photos. Came back, put on the old PPE and did a site visit.

Nothing.

Lazy bastards.

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Well, I parked on the double yellows directly outside the police station this morning.

Sat on the kerb and drank some water. Wandered off taking photos. Came back, put on the old PPE and did a site visit.

Nothing.

Lazy bastards.

But were you wearing jeans?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

But were you wearing jeans?

Fair point, I was complying with the new no denim rule.

Full anarchist uniform, non logo black trainers, black cargo pants, black tee, black gloves, sunglasses.

I was sat on tarmac, they probably couldn’t see me.

• Haha 1

Game-changer. It's a bit of a tired expression, but

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/01/us-germ-warfare-lab-creates-test-for-pre-infectious-covid-19-carriers

Scientists working for the US military have designed a new Covid-19 test that could potentially identify carriers before they become infectious and spread the disease, the Guardian has learned.

Grauniad:

Q. A report in the HSJ says tests are now being counted once posted out rather than once the sample has been processed, is that true?

Newton says there has been no change to the way tests are counted.

With new ways of delivering tests, officials have given advice on how they should be counted, he says.

The majority are counted in labs, but for any test which takes place outside the programme they’re counted when they leave the programme, he says. So tests that are mailed out or go out by satellite, have always been counted that way.

That’s the way they are counted, have always been counted and were advised to count them by officials.

Edited by snowychap

Looks like it was 82000 completed tests, 27000 home tests and 13000 satellite ones that I assume will get completed in the next few days (no idea how long they take to process).  I didn't think they'd get anywhere near 82000 tbh.

Whether or not they have massaged the figures for today or not I actually think they have done okay in ramping up testing. The issue is that we started from such a low base and should have been much better prepared. Had we have been we may have been able to undertake widespread testing much earlier and slowed the spread as Germany have done. The fact we are catching up in terms of testing now doesn't change the fact that those earlier failings have cost thousands of lives.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, snowychap said:

He claimed they have always been measured the same way

edit: sorry you already clarified that

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Wouldn't catch me firing off at people on the interweb

puss in boots cat eyes GIF

Hide contents

(This is the funniest post you'll read all day vters because blandly blatantly hands out the warning points on my record to disprove my hypothesis)

Except when limpid does it of course 😅 

Probably get points for talking about fight club too now 😀 

As my hero lapalfan would say... worth it. 

Spoiler

Commenting on moderation?

29 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Looks like it was 82000 completed tests, 27000 home tests and 13000 satellite ones that I assume will get completed in the next few days (no idea how long they take to process).  I didn't think they'd get anywhere near 82000 tbh.

So will they count the 27,000 and 13,000 again when they are completed?

If you go on the website now, I think as a key worker only at the moment still, you can now get a test pretty easy for the household too. So it's down to us now I think, rather than the goverment not ramping it up. I'm off for my second one next week.

14 hours ago, Seat68 said:

'Talking about fight club'

Yeah.

Thought I'd leave it and try humour instead.

Things were getting a bit gnarly. I think i unknowingly waded into something with my size 12s.

It's all good, just disagree. People miss the point all the time. Including me. 

Edited by VILLAMARV
Making nice

Â