Generic Virus Thread

villakram

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

And more worryingly, that person hasn't visited China

wonder how much human-to-human  contact was involved in this transmission as he seems to be the only one on the training course to have contracted it

he's already back at work , so doens't seem to be too severe

• Like 1

On 26/01/2020 at 18:07, wilko154 said:

I'm going on holiday to Australia. literally just landing in China for a transfer to the second leg of the flight. The way back is then a 6 hour stopover at Guangzhou airport.

I'm starting to think I may book another flight, although I can't get a refund on my original.

Cancelled my flights, re-booking flights transferring elsewhere.

Don't think it's worse the risk of imminent death. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

The name 'Wuhan coronavirus' there is interesting. 

'Coronavirus' is a term for a type of virus that includes the common cold, and as such it isn't very descriptive. But scientists are taking a long time to name this virus properly - 2019-nCoV clearly isn't going to take off - and in the absence of them doing so, the city of Wuhan is in danger of becoming the name of the illness. It turns out that naming diseases is a fraught matter, and the WHO have guidelines that rule out most disease names that we are familiar with:

diseasenames.jpg

from: https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/163636/WHO_HSE_FOS_15.1_eng.pdf;jsessionid=8334850220F8859E0EFD7DB3A95A5E78?sequence=1

• Like 1

So there is a bloke from Harborne in the QE with suspected coronavirus. 

Apparently his genius GP sent him home Monday after he went their with flu symptoms and told him he'd come back from China. 

He was picked up by an ambulance with someone wearing protective gear and two unprotected paramedics.

It begins. I'm boarding the house tonight. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Apparently his genius GP sent him home Monday after he went their with flu symptoms and told him he'd come back from China. 

He was picked up by an ambulance with someone wearing protective gear and two unprotected paramedics.

He's also a bit of genius himself. Should have rung 101, told them and not gone to the doctors

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

The Purge is nigh!

survive the night GIF by THE PURGE: ANARCHY

Â