Generic Virus Thread

villakram

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

They defo haven't experienced going for a piss at half time...........the splashback alone results in coming into contact with about 30 people.

Yes, but as we know, at least they all studiously wash their hands for at least 20 seconds afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

They defo haven't experienced going for a piss at half time...........the splashback alone results in coming into contact with about 30 people.

There’s no way a virus could survive in those bogs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

love to 'come into close contact with at most a handful of people'

maxresdefault.jpg

(this is actually from Burnley, can't find one from VP)

You could always get a Season Ticket for the Blues 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

But 40000 is just a number. Unless ive missed it they need to break down how thats divided by the country  e.g RF trust should be testing between 20-50 a day, barts trust doing x amount.

I see your point about that, about capacity. But prof whitty isnt going to every hosputal to see staff capacity.  Its impossible for them to know staffing numbers for each trust as far as i am aware there is no one doing a audit for the number of staff in each day/week. I guess their logic would be its too time consuming or who do you out to do those figures for each personnel/department/trust.

In my opinion its silly for them to say they can test x amount of people daily as each trust operates differently with different challenges due to  numbers patients coming in etc.

Well, I think that's a bit of a different point than you were making previously, Dem, and I get what you mean about how much faith one can put in the 40k capacity number but those are the numbers being touted by public health officials and ministers as the capacity.

Just to make it clear, I'll join in with what @HanoiVillansaid in a post earlier this evening about being perfectly happy to take your word on your observations of the situation at first hand*. Beyond that it's about what inferences we can draw from those observations and where they fit in to the overall picture. That's about more than just the gathering of data and anecdote.

*I was also going to say that I'd hoped I'd made it clear that the input from people with 'on the ground' observations is important but I went back and looked at my posts in response to you and, though it was in my mind when making them, it didn't appear that I expressed that so I will do so now.

• Like 1

My wife can request a test from tomorrow as a council worker. I think it extends to us in the household too. I assume this is the test to confirm if she has it a given point in time? As none of us have symptoms and we’re behaving staying at home I’m wondering what the point is?

If it was the antibody / immunity test then it’s an excellent opportunity.

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I don't think so.

I think this is antigen swab testing to show whether people have the virus.

Sorry, I worded it badly.

Is this the test to confirm if she has the virus now? (as opposed to the test to confirm if she has had it in the past, she did have some symptoms about a month back)

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is this the test to confirm if she has the virus now? (as opposed to the test to confirm if she has had it in the past, she did have some symptoms about a month back)

Ah, sorry.

Yes, I think these tests being offered are the ones that look at whether one has the virus now.

I don't think there's any level of reliability or confidence in the antibody tests (the ones to judge if you have had the virus) at this moment.

Edited by snowychap
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Ah, sorry.

Yes, I think these tests being offered are the ones that look at whether one has the virus now.

It will definitely be the "have you got it now" test because there is literally no test for "have you had it before" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Living in Nuneaton, and having team members off at the moment self isolating, I'm pretty fortunate that I can get them to the Ricoh - quite literally down the road - from tomorrow, to see if they can come back in. 

Issue is, due to social distancing measures, we're running out of room in the office fast. To the point that we might have to rota staff to come in maybe 3 days out of 5. Either that or just some people to stay at home. This is assuming they test negative of course. 

And just a reminder that those people on ESA (employment and support allowance) have not seen and will not see (as per any government announcement) any increase in the money they receive.

People on ESA are people who have passed WCAs and are assessed as unfit for work or fit for 'work-related activity' (obviously vastly-reduced opportunity given the current situation).

Their conditions include cancer & respiratory diseases.

People with existing ailments, some of whom are being told to shield, are being ignored by the government whilst responses to others (whether or not they're even working) are being trumpeted.

18 minutes ago, snowychap said:

And just a reminder that those people on ESA (employment and support allowance) have not seen and will not see (as per any government announcement) any increase in the money they receive.

People on ESA are people who have passed WCAs and are assessed as unfit for work or fit for 'work-related activity' (obviously vastly-reduced opportunity given the current situation).

Their conditions include cancer & respiratory diseases.

People with existing ailments, some of whom are being told to shield, are being ignored by the government whilst responses to others (whether or not they're even working) are being trumpeted.

Why would they get an increase if their circumstances haven’t changed and they are in the same situation (ie not working as before)? 

24 minutes ago, Dom_Wren said:

SC Schools semester is canceled.

All my summer Soccer Coaching canceled.

Can at least Vegas open......

The mayor of Vegas has literally offered to open the entire city and use it as a “control group” for whether lockdown works or not. 

Literally offering up her citizens to die. As an experiment. 

So yeah there’s a pretty good chance it’ll open 😂

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Â