Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

. . . Do you have a garden? Do you have more than 3 rooms?

I don't.

I get that, and I get there will be all sorts, and I get it will be a need rather than a want in some cases...my Son is in a flat....but as a rule, why risk it....I guess I could rephrase it....why risk going any further than is absolutely essential, for any longer than is absolutely essential.

Split of Covid deaths in England as of last night :

Total - 3,939

Over 80 years old : 2071 (53%)

60-79 years old : 1549 (39%)

40-59 years old : 282 (7%)

20-39 years old : 32 (0.8%)

0-19 years old : 5 (0.1%)

92% over 60 years old.

More than every other person over 80

Really wish the 60-79 bracket was broken down far more into 5 year sections or something.

I know the whole world is in lockdown panic chaos but it really does look like this is primarily just wiping those out that the flu missed this year. The hospitals could more than likely cope with the actual numbers of people ok but the problem (much like the supermarkets running out of very specific items) is that everyone has the exact same thing and it is all happening at the same time. This is still only 4000 people in a month

England & wales registered 56,000+ deaths in Jan 2020

England & wales registered 43,600+ deaths in Feb 2020

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Exactly the same last week. 

Headache for a couple of days, the shits for 4/5 days and complete lack of energy. 

To be honest, I'm putting it down to anxiety. I'd love to have had a very mild version of it and get it out the way but I don't think I have. 

Me too. 
Ive not been out for a month, if I’ve got it we are truly doomed.

48 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

The good ol US of A now have more confirmed cases than Italy, Spain and UK put together! 301,147 as of today. 

I dread to think what their peak deaths will be like. 

Their population is 327 million and change ... Italy , uk and Spain population is about 165m , I’d kinda expect them to have more confirmed cases tbh

they are running at 25 deaths per million , Spain , Italy at around 250 per miliion UK at around 64

its why I don’t think some figures are necessarily helpful 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Split of Covid deaths in England as of last night :

Total - 3,939

Over 80 years old : 2071 (53%)

60-79 years old : 1549 (39%)

40-59 years old : 282 (7%)

20-39 years old : 32 (0.8%)

0-19 years old : 5 (0.1%)

92% over 60 years old.

More than every other person over 80

Really wish the 60-79 bracket was broken down far more into 5 year sections or something.

I know the whole world is in lockdown panic chaos but it really does look like this is primarily just wiping those out that the flu missed this year. The hospitals could more than likely cope with the actual numbers of people ok but the problem (much like the supermarkets running out of very specific items) is that everyone has the exact same thing and it is all happening at the same time. This is still only 4000 people in a month

England & wales registered 56,000+ deaths in Jan 2020

England & wales registered 43,600+ deaths in Feb 2020

Like so many you are forgetting

1: this isn’t the dead, it’s those who died, in Hospital, having been diagnosed. There are others, not in Hospital, not diagnosed..

2: these dead are likely to have initially been sick when the “ cases” were lower, even up to 2 weeks ago....we will see the numbers of dead from the current cases later...

3:: the “cases” are those sick enough to be Hospitalised, for the most part, tens of thousands are estimated to be sick but at home.

and more, but I’ve said it many times so that’ll have to do 

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've had headaches for a week now, and didn't really think much of bit as I've always had a lot of headaches. Then I also got 4 days in a row with diarrhea and I thought it was odd. No fever or cough mind. 

And now I'm reading that lots (80%) of people will have very mild symptoms and of those 10-20% are reported to struggle with diarrhea. 

I feel absolutely fine, but decided to order a covid-19 test so I won't walk around sick without being aware of it. But jeez it wss expensive. £ 80 !!

Anyone else had headaches and diarrhea?? 

A friend of mine was taken to hospital last weekend (still there), she had headaches, short of breathe and vomiting (a lot apparently), but I’m not aware of diarrhoea 

I’ve just ventured to the local shop for the first time in a fortnight as I needed some food (especially meat, fruit and snacks). I had a scarf wrapped round my face, kept my distance and wiped down the basket. I was the only one to do so, others were stopping to chat, getting close to others etc. I see one of my neighbours go out everyday and buy a newspaper. People are stupid, that’s why this lock down will go on for ages 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

People are stupid, that’s why this lock down will go on for ages

It;s either that or they'll have to lockdown further and that will be deeply unpopular.

• Like 3

Just now, bickster said:

It;s either that or they'll have to lockdown further and that will be deeply unpopular.

Will it though ?

I know some won’t like it - some already don’t.

Most people I’ve spoken to would rather stay alive. I know nobody personally who goes anywhere, who wants to go anywhere, or who wants an early end to the lockdown.

If some don’t like it, let them go and work in the Hospitals and after work they can spend as long as they like outside.

• Like 2

The extent to which that man muddies the waters around this will cost hundreds of lives.

He sounds like he’s discussing plans for a wedding not the gravest crisis in decades.

” great/ beautiful/ amazing/ wonderful/ terrific/ special/ fantastic/“

Edited by terrytini

“ If I saw something wrong, if I saw a massive breakout, I’d come down hard” ( Trump on States with no lockdown)

Just how ill informed, or how despicably deliberately obtuse, can someone get.

You want to scream at him “By Then IT Will Be Too Late You Scumbag”

Its horrible to watch.

29 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Just listened/ listening to Trump.

Indescribably vile vile man.

I know that’s not news but he really is excelling himself now.

Love how he talks himself up. How he called state leaders to get Americans home that was stuck abroad and they all snapped into action when he called. All his doing it seems. 

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Love how he talks himself up. How he called state leaders to get Americans home that was stuck abroad and they all snapped into action when he called. All his doing it seems. 

I wouldn’t be in a rush to get back to the US tbh.

5 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

My Mom's birthday today. So I called her early this morning. Turns out her friend had organised a surprise BBQ party for her at her house and was most offended when my mom asked her 'what the **** do you think you're doing?'

FFS.

We're in trouble when the sun comes out.

Â