Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ive been waking or running in my local park every day during the lockdown. 

I’m not certain whether you meant this or something else....I can think of two others.

I hope you meant walking and not the other one 😱

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I don’t mind, just so long as when this is over they are happy to give it back in the form of higher taxes so we can properly prepare for the next one, and live in a civilised way,  by having a Country that makes Health, Homes, and Care a priority.

GIF Archives - Hunted News Feed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Business after business after business asking for Government ( ie taxpayers) money.

I don’t mind, just so long as when this is over they are happy to give it back in the form of higher taxes so we can properly prepare for the next one, and live in a civilised way,  by having a Country that makes Health, Homes, and Care a priority.

Should’ve been means tested. Too many are exploiting it. 

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Are you homeless ?

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I guess I asked for that.

I love your optimism. This event should seriously be a wakeup call that our economic systems do not work for most people. The rich are too powerful though. I'm not holding my breath.

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i go for a walk every day, I went out this afternoon for a walk through the hills by me, I would say at a lazily guess maybe around 500 people doing the same, loads of cars, various different routes and lots of distancing

hits 25 degrees next week

people are going to go out, its not against the law either

I get it, and I know many will disagree with me, I understand that, and I’ve no wish for a row with anyone.

But..

Those 500 people have been advised/asked to stay at home unless it’s essential. 
Those 500 people needed the means of getting there. That’s cars, petrol, garages, breakdown services, pothole fixers, buses, drivers,  trains, maintenance people, litter pickers and God knows what else.

And it involves touching handles, using public toilets, and whatever else. 
Then it becomes “ let’s take a few cans”.

Then it’s a group of lads drinking too much. And where that leads ?

Then it’s warm weather, and there’s a fire started in the Pennines, or wherever, imagine the fires of previous years in the current situation.

Then there’s the sunburn - hospitals experience an increase in incoming through it.

Im not talking about you, or the place you go ( every person will argue their particular place is no problem).

But - this is serious. It’s life threatening, game changing. I say again....why would anyone risk it ? 
Stay home. Stay close to home. Walk round the block. In a very short time in the scheme of things people can do more.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Its cash isn't it. You can have a valuable business but its the drying up of cash that will kill you. Owning millions of pounds of assets, be it property, or stock, doesn't pay the bills when your bank account is empty. 

From a personal level, I've always maintained a decent 'rainy day' fund, which would see me through a fair amount of time in the  event of the worst. I realise i'm probably in the minority in this after speaking to friends and colleagues. 

You are right - but all I'm saying the system is broken.

How are we expecting a restaurant to carry on for 3 months if an airline can't? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

You are right - but all I'm saying the system is broken.

How are we expecting a restaurant to carry on for 3 months if an airline can't? 

In defence of billionaire man of the people Richard Branson, if he isn’t bailed out, how will we benefit from the trickle down?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

In defence of billionaire man of the people Richard Branson, if he isn’t bailed out, how will we benefit from the trickle down?

Richard Branson and the rest have been “trickling down” on us all for a long time 😡

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Don’t think there’s anything wrong with it as long as they’re keeping to social distancing. I stay as far away as possible from anyone I meet. 

If anyone is meeting up with friends and stuff in the park though then they’re idiots. That’s totally different. 

I think there’s a general misconception from people that if you’re outside then you’re fine.

I mean, there’s worse typos you could have made 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

My Mom's birthday today. So I called her early this morning. Turns out her friend had organised a surprise BBQ party for her at her house and was most offended when my mom asked her 'what the **** do you think you're doing?'

Wish your ma Happy Birthday from me and tell her a Thank You !

I've had headaches for a week now, and didn't really think much of bit as I've always had a lot of headaches. Then I also got 4 days in a row with diarrhea and I thought it was odd. No fever or cough mind. 

And now I'm reading that lots (80%) of people will have very mild symptoms and of those 10-20% are reported to struggle with diarrhea. 

I feel absolutely fine, but decided to order a covid-19 test so I won't walk around sick without being aware of it. But jeez it wss expensive. £ 80 !!

Anyone else had headaches and diarrhea?? 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Just had a Facebook notification to say that a old school friend has excepted the friends request I sent him. 

His page is full of conspiracy theories. The 5g plot pops up, although most of it is down to the banks and high society wanting to scare us so they can make money. 

Q) Would it be childish to unfriend the prat  after only 10mins since he accepted my request? 😆

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've had headaches for a week now, and didn't really think much of bit as I've always had a lot of headaches. Then I also got 4 days in a row with diarrhea and I thought it was odd. No fever or cough mind. 

And now I'm reading that lots (40-80%) of people will have very mild symptoms and of those 10-20% are reported to struggle with diarrhea. 

I feel absolutely fine, but decided to order a covid-19 test so I won't walk around sick without being aware of it. But jeez it wss expensive. £ 80 !!

Anyone else had headaches and diarrhea?? 

No shits as yet, but I've had a slight headache on and off for the last couple of days. I'm pretty sure it's a side effect of not enough sleep and too much alcohol, though. 

• Like 1

Â