Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I can’t think of another historical event where a Government ( ours and that in the U.S.) had so much information about an impending disaster and did so little about it. 
Unforgivable.

World War II ?

6 hours ago, bickster said:

So we can't mock Hatt Mancock? Have a word with yourself. Somebody should tell HIGNFY and all the other political satire programmes to stop immediately, it's just not right to mock politicians, whatever next seriously?

You can mock whoever or whatever you want, whenever you want. I'll rephrase because yes, political satire is welcome in the world.

I don't think deflecting from the issue of what a mess the government is making of this is a good thing. We'll be seeing plenty of it over the next six months from the usual sources, I find it frustrating to see it around already.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

You can mock whoever or whatever you want, whenever you want. I'll rephrase because yes, political satire is welcome in the world.

I don't think deflecting from the issue of what a mess the government is making of this is a good thing. We'll be seeing plenty of it over the next six months from the usual sources, I find it frustrating to see it around already.

There are 3 main reasons the right wing hawkish types constantly default back to Dianne Abbott:

1.0 they lack the intellect to think up new targets on a regular basis

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

There are 3 main reasons the right wing hawkish types constantly default back to Dianne Abbott:

1.0 they lack the intellect to think up new targets on a regular basis

I was going to come back with some witty retort to this ... but couldn’t think of one that involved Diane Abbott 

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I was going to come back with some witty retort to this ... but couldn’t think of one that involved Diane Abbott 

I don’t have you in the hawkish pile.

I mean come on, your profile pic is a moomin.

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I reckon that by Monday, 2% of Newport will have it.

EUw14jXWoAAmh_G?format=jpg&name=large

The highest figure on that table is 0.1617% of the population so 2% would be more than a 12 fold increase in just 2 days. Did you mean 0.2%? 

Edited by brommy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I don’t have you in the hawkish pile.

I mean come on, your profile pic is a moomin.

I thought it was Simon's Cat?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I would imagine that Boris's mild symptoms will continue for as long as is possible - it gives Cummings and co the opportunity to completely manage his presence through this - no direct questions, no awkward opportunities for him to faff it up in front of cameras and possibly even a little sympathy from the nation. It's a dream come true for the floppy haired tyro and his handlers.

Yep, seems a very convenient inconvenience.

24 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I reckon that by Monday, 2% of Newport will have it.

EUw14jXWoAAmh_G?format=jpg&name=large

I don’t wish to be pedantic, but many many more than that will “ have it”.

Its such a misconception ( not having a dig) that the figures indicate either the spread or the seriousness I feel compelled to keep pointing this out, sorry 🙂

• Like 1

Interesting strategy, lets see if it pans out for them.

Brazil's Bolsonaro turns to prayer in coronavirus crisis

Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, agreeing to a request from evangelical Christians, said on Friday that he was calling for a national day of fasting and prayer this Sunday to “free Brazil from this evil” coronavirus epidemic.

As the death toll mounts in the country, along with criticism of his handling of the public health crisis, Bolsonaro met with Pentecostal evangelical pastors outside his official residence. Evangelicals have been among the right-wing leader’s most faithful supporters.

“With the pastors and religious leaders we will call for a day of fasting by Brazilians so that Brazil can free itself from this evil as soon as possible,” he later said on radio station Jovem Pan.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-brazil-bolsonaro/brazils-bolsonaro-turns-to-prayer-in-coronavirus-crisis-idUSKBN21L3DL

Ah, good old religion.

Like those interviewed by CNN yesterday coming out of Church in Tennessee

“ I’m covered in the blood of Jesus Christ so I am protected”....

” What about those you might infect ?” 

“ What about them it’s a free Country”.

Compassion and togetherness there.

If Facebook is to be believed , it seems my local park is over run   with people out enjoying the sunshine .

guess we are in for a longer lockdown if that’s the pattern everywhere  ...

Spain just extended theirs until 26th April 

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

If Facebook is to be believed , it seems my local park is over run   with people out enjoying the sunshine .

guess we are in for a longer lockdown if that’s the pattern everywhere  ...

Spain just extended theirs until 26th April 

Seems to be the same everywhere, Mail are having a field day with it. Loads of pictures & videos of hundreds of people out & about. This is not lockdown. Just a few shops are closed.

Video below needs to be seen to be believed really

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2020/04/04/2003732278786017431/640x360_MP4_2003732278786017431.mp4

26803938-8186935-image-a-46_158600151752

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8186935/Police-tell-holidaymakers-stay-home-Easter-holiday-period.html

With temperatures heading for the mid to high 60s, health chiefs were afraid people would ignore the government's coronavirus lockdown rules, jeopardising the strategy of limiting the spread of the deadly Covid-19 virus. 

Officials warn the lockdown may have to be extended if people continue to ignore the advice to stay at home and only go out for essential reasons. 

In London's Regent Park, dozens of 'Middle-Aged Men in Lycra' (MAMILs) ignored the Government's Covid-19 lockdown rules to congregate in Regent's Park in London to ride their bicycles in large groups. 

Groups of men, clad in lycra, riding in close formation. Across in Paddington, keep fit fans were photographed training in a recreation ground - again ignoring social distancing rules.  

In Cambridge, groups of people lazed on the banks of the River Cam enjoying the sunshine. 

Groups of people were also spotted in Brighton, jeopardising the government's Covid-19 strategy.   

Police chiefs have warned that people breaching the coronavirus lockdown rules face being fined.

Forces plan to step up patrols in beauty spots and major routes to the coast, as officers warn 'lockdown in Easter shouldn't be much different from lockdown' on any other day.

26801314-8186935-image-a-29_158599113927

Edited by LakotaDakota

Â