Generic Virus Thread

villakram

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can't believe how quickly it's become acceptable to need to give the police a letter from your employer to justify your travel.

I'm on board entirely with them being able to break up public gathering, but this seems absolutely insane.

Unprecedented times unfortunately, normally I would be questioning and arguing with them if I was stopped etc. Now I'm happy to just hand them the letter and let them decide and do the checks into it themselves. It's right what they are doing imo, only in situations such a s this though.

2 hours ago, leighavfc said:

Unprecedented times unfortunately, normally I would be questioning and arguing with them if I was stopped etc. Now I'm happy to just hand them the letter and let them decide and do the checks into it themselves. It's right what they are doing imo, only in situations such a s this though.

The police are **** loving it. Give the **** a sniff of power and they'll use and abuse it until it's seized back.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The police are **** loving it. Give the **** a sniff of power and they'll use and abuse it until it's seized back.

Dont get me wrong mate I've had plenty of fall outs with the police over the years. I have complained to the IPCC about a couple in the past. There are plenty of good ones but a very equal amount in my experience of bad ones too for various reasons. 

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can't believe how quickly it's become acceptable to need to give the police a letter from your employer to justify your travel.

I'm on board entirely with them being able to break up public gathering, but this seems absolutely insane.

I had to do that before corona crossing the border to the US lol

54 minutes ago, Awol said:

Is he really, didn’t know that. What did he do? 

Oh Man, he is rather special.

He offered to change his name to something more Middle Eastern so the Tory members list looked a bit less white.

You'll find him telling that story somewhere, and boggling everyone's minds in the room.

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

hopefully the pensioners have had all week to do their thing

They have, every pensioner this side of Calais has been doing what they do best, blocking supermarket aisles, gawping at food picking it up having a conversation about it and putting it back on the shelf with a tut then walking out of the shop with a loaf, a tin of mushy peas and fray bentos pie

• Like 1

US numbers are coming in now. It's scary, it's ticking up by the 1000 every 5 minutes or so.

They are passing 100.000 confirmed cases any second now and almost all are still active.

Passing 27.000 dead world wide as well.

• Sad 1

I have a letter (and a bunch of business cards) I was thinking about this though. What could they say if you said...

"I'm going up the by-pass, past the two roundabouts, where I will turn around and come straight home because I'm making sure the car battery stays charged in case I need to get to work"

I'm not interacting with anyone, I'm not even getting out of my car until I get home again and as far as I can tell, it doesn't break any of the rules

3 minutes ago, Xann said:

Oh Man, he is rather special.

He offered to change his name to something more Middle Eastern so the Tory members list looked a bit less white.

You'll find him telling that story somewhere, and boggling everyone's minds in the room.

That’s clearly inappropriate, death seems fully justified under the circumstances.

6 minutes ago, sne said:

US numbers are coming in now. It's scary, it's ticking up by the 1000 every 5 minutes or so.

They are passing 100.000 confirmed cases any second now and almost all are still active.

America will probably have as many deaths as most countries combined I would think! Man this virus is f****d up 

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Not trying to downplay how serious it is there, but this may be almost entirely a consequence of them - finally - getting their acts together on testing:

This wouldn't be massively good news, because it would mean the data on case numbers is pretty much worthless:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, av1 said:

Same here, apart from fact that I went at 18:00 was freezing my balls off

Doesn't global warming have the potential to kill millions aswell? :trollface:

Yes, the hope was that we'd act before it gets to that though.

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

Dubai in complete lockdown with drones cleaning the streets. AI has definitely arrived there. 

E5CCA38C-0DBB-4B7E-BD20-217F3D4BE789.jpeg

506E8DDF-4C84-4490-A8BA-EBAD9BBAD7E9.jpeg

Between that, Amazon and the ones in Wuhan flying up and taking peoples temperatures on their balconies I'd say you are correct.

Or as William Gibson put it: "The future has arrived it's just not evenly distributed yet"

The only thing with all out testing is you could be tested today and pass, but tomorrow get the virus from somewhere. I think that's why it's not entirely logical to test everybody asap or when the tests are finally available etc and maybe wait until certain symptoms etc 

Edited by leighavfc
  • Like 1

Â