Generic Virus Thread

villakram

25 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The argument here is that because we are in the transition period, we are entitled to access the EU procurement programme. I believe many people are of the belief that being part of the procurement programme would lead to the faster delivery of more ventilators and other medical equipment than has been possible by asking British manufacturers to retool (I take no position on which side of this is right, because I don't have anywhere near enough information to judge, but it's not a ridiculous suggestion on the face of it). 

C'mon James Dyson is going to make 10,000 ventilators in a deal signed today

I just hope the rechargeable batteries last chuffing longer that the carpet sucking machine of his we have

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Xann said:

I can't really say here why you're wrong, but my friends are at all levels in the NHS, including setting clinical standards. The Tory Filth's chums are constantly trying to waste money and break the service.

One of Cameron's advisors tried to pull a number that beggars belief. Fundamentally bad, with dire social consequences for most, in the service of his private paymasters.

He was foiled, but still kept his position. Scum.

The current situation is too chaotic to make any reliable predictions, but before this current situation kicked off, many medical friends had an eye on relocating North of Gretna.

Fair enough, I’m not a medical professional and can only go with the evidence of my own eyes, i.e. the grass is only greener up here because of the rain.

The idea that there’s a pool of untapped epidemiological talent in Scotland waiting to be unlocked by Sturgeon is arsecakes, and pure politicking on her part. 

I could believe almost anything about Cameron and Osborne, amoral men with self-serving intentions, encapsulated by their conduct towards China.

The ‘filth’ part is a bit OTT though, I viscerally despise Corbyn/McDonnell but avoid phrases like ‘Labour filth’. Not a very reasonable way to describe people you disagree with, imo.

5 hours ago, Villarocker said:

These are the symptoms I've noticed this week:

Shivering cold then overheating - four days

Sweats

Loss of smell

Strange taste which seems to overrule almost all flavours - I've found Dandelion & Burdock the drink I can actually taste. 

Bliding headaches. Mainly behind the eyes, particularly my left eye which was a terrible pain. 

Lethargy in all parts of the body where I couldn't even make a fist for the previous three days. 

A strange sticky-like saliva in my mouth that makes your throat feel dry - probably where the nasty taste comes from. 

Loss of appetite although I'm forcing the food down me to keep my strength up. 

My nose, despite not being runny, is very sore on the inside. It doesn't look sore but sure feels it. I have neither wiped it or blown it more than any other day but it's really painful. 

I've become increasingly wheezier. Today, on a couple of occasions, I made a strange sound when I breathed. It was like wind blowing through a tunnel or something. 

I've coughed more today than all the rest of this week out together. I can actually feel an aching in my left lung when I take in deep breaths. Obviously, this has me concerned the most. I know I just have to stay as calm as possible and hope that it doesn't get as bad as it can be.

What's strange is, I feel like I have more energy today. Although, the emotions are starting to kick in more because of missing my son and girlfriend. My son asked me when I'm coming out of my room. He asked when I get if I can go and see him every morning and night in his room as he wants to see me before he goes to sleep and when he wakes up. I dunno, maybe he's worried about losing me and wants that comfort of knowing I'm there? It's tough emotionally. Despite us seeing each other from a distance and chatting from a distance it's just not the same for any of us. 

I have numerous of these symptoms. Dry coughs practically gone thank god. But have loss of smell, the taste bud issue you mention, very lethargic in my legs (very weak when lying down) and not sleeping good at all.

Its wierd my chest is more cold than hot dont get that.

My appetite is like yours also but like you forcing it down.

US has caught up with Italy in number of cases with just under 75.000 and they far and away the country with the highest number of active cases.

They will surpass China (or their official numbers anyway) before this weekend and probably be on more than 100.000 cases by next week.

And the chimp in charge is pushing for things to be back to normal by Easter. I really hope this sticks to him.

Was out earlier for my exercise. Biked into the countryside. Went round a corner, 2 police vans, an ambulance, god knows how many uniforms by a house. Lots of the coppers were picking up litter with sticks from the hedges and edge of fields just next to the house. I kept going, but assumed a house resident had it and maybe got it from picking up litter dropped by their house. Very strange scene. I was thinking up till that point of taking a bag with me tomorrow to pick up litter on a walk, not going to do that now.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

Was out earlier for my exercise. Biked into the countryside. Went round a corner, 2 police vans, an ambulance, god knows how many uniforms by a house. Lots of the coppers were picking up litter with sticks from the hedges and edge of fields just next to the house. I kept going, but assumed a house resident had it and maybe got it from picking up litter dropped by their house. Very strange scene. I was thinking up till that point of taking a bag with me tomorrow to pick up litter on a walk, not going to do that now.

Sounds more like they were collecting potential evidence from a crime scene....

• Like 1

Just seen a word removed trying to buy a shed load of pasta in the supermarket. When he was told that he could only have 2, he stood there arguing that different shapes meant different products 😀

Edited by av1

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Sounds more like they were collecting potential evidence from a crime scene....

Yeah you might be right...Possibly, but the ambulance was in the house driveway, “guarded” by 2 uniforms. Approaching from a distance I thought there would be a crashed car at the bend, but there was Only an unoccupied mini tractor thing tidily parked by a gate, and 2 police vans. The police were picking up empty cans and bottles and general rubbish strewn around. Most odd.

This new police SUS law. How's it going to work? 

"Excuse me sir, you're only allowed out for essential work, or food shopping. Where are you going?"

"Sainsburys" 

"OK then, off you go"

(Drives round to his mate's house for a party). 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This new police SUS law. How's it going to work? 

"Excuse me sir, you're only allowed out for essential work, or food shopping. Where are you going?"

"Sainsburys" 

"OK then, off you go"

(Drives round to his mate's house for a party). 

Understand that this is going to be difficult and some will always slip through the net and deliberately defy the police etc but simple questions.

Where do you live?, where do you work, where are you going? why are you so far away from home?

Like the idiots walking their dog and the dime bars taking selfies in the Peak District today. The ones playing football in the park. The ones driving to the beach for a walk or to walk the dog. 

If theres no justifiable reason follow them home, confiscate the hoards of toilet roll, pasta, baked beans etc.

Give all that to the food banks and then put em in the slammer !!!! 😀

59 minutes ago, av1 said:

Just seen a word removed trying to buy a shed load of pasta in the supermarket. When he was told that he could only have 2, he stood there arguing that different shapes meant different products 😀

I got told yesterday that I couldn't buy 16 cans of Stella and I could only have 12, I wasn't stock piling that was just for tonight and tomorrow 😐

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I have numerous of these symptoms. Dry coughs practically gone thank god. But have loss of smell, the taste bud issue you mention, very lethargic in my legs (very weak when lying down) and not sleeping good at all.

Its wierd my chest is more cold than hot dont get that.

My appetite is like yours also but like you forcing it down.

I've also got stomach pain and diarrhoea to add to my ailments. 

Is your back hot when your chest is cold? Apparently that's a sign. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

5 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I got told yesterday that I couldn't buy 16 cans of Stella and I could only have 12, I wasn't stock piling that was just for tonight and tomorrow 😐

The madness of limited quantities is i can only buy 3 individual items.

ie; 3 single yoghurt pots, but i can buy 3 multi packs with 6 per pack......bonkers

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, imavillan said:

The madness of limited quantities is i can only buy 3 individual items.

ie; 3 single yoghurt pots, but i can buy 3 multi packs with 6 per pack......bonkers

had the same with lemons yesterday. We had 4 individual ones, had to give up one at the till. Could have bought 15 in bags of 5

Â