Generic Virus Thread

villakram

19 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Also this:

f*ck 'em. About time that darwinism took out the phenomenally thick. My sympathies for the children held hostage by their parents garbage anti-expert, anti-science dogmatic horseshit beliefs. 

EDIT - but yeah, I know it's actually bad, as those clearings in the woods can then get in contact with innocent people trying to do their bit. Just lockdown those towns. 

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Presumably it's to discourage people from leaving the house to go and buy things like laminate flooring. 

What would you regard as essential diy supplies? Either open it or close it, not this confused crap they seem to be peddling right now.

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

f*ck 'em. About time that darwinism took out the phenomenally thick. My sympathies for the children held hostage by their parents garbage anti-expert, anti-science dogmatic horseshit beliefs. 

But it won't be just them. They will spread it on to people who didn't attend.

This site is pretty useful for keeping track of the development, obviously they are only reporting official figures but still.

They do regular updates and has a lot of stats and helpful information so more than just morbid curiosity.

Confirmed Cases and Deaths by Country, Territory, or Conveyance

The coronavirus COVID-19 is affecting 198 countries and territories around the world and 1 international conveyance (the Diamond Princess cruise ship harbored in Yokohama, Japan). The day is reset after midnight GMT+0.

Search:

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Tot Deaths/
1M pop
China 81,285 +67 3,287 +6 74,051 3,947 1,235 56 2
Italy 74,386   7,503   9,362 57,521 3,489 1,230 124
USA 68,489 +278 1,032 +5 394 67,063 1,455 207 3
Spain 49,515   3,647   5,367 40,501 3,166 1,059 78
Germany 38,609 +1,286 213 +7 3,547 34,849 23 461 3
Iran 27,017   2,077   9,625 15,315   322 25
France 25,233   1,331   3,900 20,002 2,827 387 20
Switzerland 10,909 +12 153   131 10,625 141 1,260 18
UK 9,529   465   135 8,929 163 140 7
S. Korea 9,241 +104 131 +5 4,144 4,966 59 180 3
Netherlands 6,412   356   3 6,053 582 374 21
Austria 6,001 +413 42 +11 9 5,950 28 666 5
Belgium 4,937   178   547 4,212 474 426 15
Canada 3,409   36   185 3,188 1 90 1.0
Norway 3,100 +16 14   6 3,080 57 572 3
Portugal 2,995   43   22 2,930 61 294 4
Australia 2,799 +123 13 +2 170 2,616 11 110 0.5
Brazil 2,554   59   6 2,489 18 12 0.3
Sweden 2,526   62   16 2,448 158 250 6

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

@Villarocker how are you feeling today and how did you sleep last night?

I slept well but woke with the sweats yet again. I've had the fever symptoms every day since Monday. I don't feel as lethargic today but I've developed a cough. I'm wheezier too and already had to take my inhaler twice this morning (2 puffs each time) to help my breathing. 

Thanks for asking! :thumb:

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

What would you regard as essential diy supplies? Either open it or close it, not this confused crap they seem to be peddling right now.

Can't tell if you're serious. The shop is selling essential maintenance products with around only 5% of the regular workforce - obviously to reduce the spread of infection.

I don't think anyone would agree laminate flooring falls into the "essential" category.

• Like 1

@Villarocker - best of luck, and keep looking after yourself. It sounds really tough, hope it starts getting better for you asap. 

there's no need for computer game shops to be open, I'd have thought, many of them could be downloadable whether it's PC or console use. 

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

Has anyone been to B&Q halesowen in recent days? Hardware shops are supposed to be open as regarded as essential.

Need to get laminate flooring for the nursery I've been working on (Mrs to drop in next few weeks) and I've been told second hand that they've rearranged their store to block off anything they don't regard as "essential supplies". People stuck in for potentially months and they can't even do a bit of DIY...seems like madness as they're open anyway.

I've just been to a B&Q to collect some goods. I ordered on line though through click and collect.

I have to say the lay out was brilliant.

Drive to the car park and somebody is there to confirm you have an order. (Standing at a distance)

You drive to a bay, well distanced between the next one, and you are told to stay in your car. Somebody brings your goods to the back of the car, they leave it at the back of the car and move away. You put your goods in the car. They move the trolley once you are back in your car. You drive away.

Very well thought out.

I dont know about actually going into the store. So if you can order through click and collect you will be fine.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

These are the symptoms I've noticed this week:

Shivering cold then overheating - four days

Sweats

Loss of smell

Strange taste which seems to overrule almost all flavours - I've found Dandelion & Burdock the drink I can actually taste. 

Bliding headaches. Mainly behind the eyes, particularly my left eye which was a terrible pain. 

Lethargy in all parts of the body where I couldn't even make a fist for the previous three days. 

A strange sticky-like saliva in my mouth that makes your throat feel dry - probably where the nasty taste comes from. 

Loss of appetite although I'm forcing the food down me to keep my strength up. 

My nose, despite not being runny, is very sore on the inside. It doesn't look sore but sure feels it. I have neither wiped it or blown it more than any other day but it's really painful. 

I've become increasingly wheezier. Today, on a couple of occasions, I made a strange sound when I breathed. It was like wind blowing through a tunnel or something. 

I've coughed more today than all the rest of this week out together. I can actually feel an aching in my left lung when I take in deep breaths. Obviously, this has me concerned the most. I know I just have to stay as calm as possible and hope that it doesn't get as bad as it can be.

What's strange is, I feel like I have more energy today. Although, the emotions are starting to kick in more because of missing my son and girlfriend. My son asked me when I'm coming out of my room. He asked when I get if I can go and see him every morning and night in his room as he wants to see me before he goes to sleep and when he wakes up. I dunno, maybe he's worried about losing me and wants that comfort of knowing I'm there? It's tough emotionally. Despite us seeing each other from a distance and chatting from a distance it's just not the same for any of us. 

You're actually breaking my heart with this. You sound much calmer and stronger than I would be. 

Just got to get through it, shit times but after you've come through you'll be great. 

• Like 1

So total lockdown isn't quite how I'd expected to spend my 40th birthday! But to be honest it's just made me appreciate the wee things. Hopefully after all this nonsense we can all enjoy the stuff we previously took for granted. And no football has definitely made our lives a bit less stressful 

• Like 3

Happy Birthday! Save up for a celebration once it's all passed :) 

My mate has had bad luck - he left his job last month to take up a new role elsewhere and he's been laid off before even stepping through the door. He's laughing about it online at the absurdity, but that's a tough break

11 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

So total lockdown isn't quite how I'd expected to spend my 40th birthday! But to be honest it's just made me appreciate the wee things. Hopefully after all this nonsense we can all enjoy the stuff we previously took for granted. And no football has definitely made our lives a bit less stressful 

Stress? It’s my wedding anniversary tomorrow and still trying to figure out how to have a shag with two kids in the house! 

Happy Birthday mate. 

16 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Except for Liverpool fans :lol:  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Awol said:

Info for the morbidly curious (like me)

This has the unfortunate feel of an attempt to mask how bad things are. Obviously the aim should be to inform families of fatalities as fast as possible, but I don't honestly see why that would slow down the release of anonymised fatality numbers in the midst of a public health crisis.

• Like 3

Â