Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can i ask anyone who feels they have it- is one of your symptoms sense of smell?

Mines completely gone and i dont have a blocked nose.  My taste buds are all over the place too

It's one of the symptoms apparently. A loss of taste and smell. 

But I'm no expert so don't take my word for it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. My coughs practically gone now as has my headache. 

My legs are still weak and its mainly the loss of smell and taste that i have. No fever or headache.

My main issue is sleep its not great and its bugging me !

19 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Looking at what Sturgeon has said she wants to be certain that the decisions they are taking are the most effective ones possible and if there are more steps that need to be taken.

That sounds to me like she thinks that they should be on a fuller lock down with maybe all but essential workers told they have to stay at home. She certainly wouldn't be alone in thinking that.

If you think that 2 weeks ago today a big part of the governments plan based on advice from the chief scientific adviser and medical officer was herd immunity and to allow 60% of the population to get it. It then transpired that 500,00 people could lose their lives under this plan so it quickly changed. Since then we have had indecision and mixed messages from the government.

I am personally not surprised that Sturgeon is seeking other expert advice and off the back of it may look to push for implementing measures above those of the UK government.

SAGE is the cream of UK scientific advice, consolidated to give national support. There is no group of qualified subject matter experts in Scotland that’s not feeding into the wider effort. 

She and her ultra nationalist mates are terrified the benefits of the union are about to get a definitive demonstration. Scotland has 58 ICU beds, we’re going to get clobbered up here without UK support.

One of my wife's best friends runs the intensive care unit at Heartlands. She spoke to her last night and she's in a bad way. 

Maybe it was a defence mechanism but I'd blocked out the idea of Birmingham being in trouble at the moment. I just assumed it was London and other places around the world. 

You sit in the garden with the sun shining and it's easy to forget the hell some people are going through just down the road. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Ta. Seems mostly to be fridge freezers they have but I think at this point my parents can't be choosy!

There was definitely one half size, three drawer standalone freezer last night

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

One of my wife's best friends runs the intensive care unit at Heartlands. She spoke to her last night and she's in a bad way. 

Maybe it was a defence mechanism but I'd blocked out the idea of Birmingham being in trouble at the moment. I just assumed it was London and other places around the world. 

You sit in the garden with the sun shining and it's easy to forget the hell some people are going through just down the road. 

The data I saw the other day suggested Birmingham council area had the 3rd highest number of patients in the country (albeit it also has the largest population, so you would expect it to be high up the list). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Birmingham has the most cases (228) outside Hampshire (251) then Lambeth (212) and Southwark (209) 

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f94c3c90da5b4e9f9a0b19484dd4bb14 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Also this:

They're **** doomed. 

Too many people who choose god over science. Too arrogant to listen to advice from experts and run by a bloke who only cares about money. 

Add to that a disgraceful healthcare system and its going to get horrible by the end for them. 

I imagine they will be the worst hit. 

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

There was definitely one half size, three drawer standalone freezer last night

I can't see one. I guess things are coming in and out of stock at various times. And not all shops will deliver to all locations frustratingly. I guess it's just keep looking until you get lucky 

6 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I can't see one. I guess things are coming in and out of stock at various times. And not all shops will deliver to all locations frustratingly. I guess it's just keep looking until you get lucky 

Try argos website -they seem to have a choice and are still open for deliveries at home 

Has anyone been to B&Q halesowen in recent days? Hardware shops are supposed to be open as regarded as essential.

Need to get laminate flooring for the nursery I've been working on (Mrs to drop in next few weeks) and I've been told second hand that they've rearranged their store to block off anything they don't regard as "essential supplies". People stuck in for potentially months and they can't even do a bit of DIY...seems like madness as they're open anyway.

29 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Birmingham has the most cases (228) outside Hampshire (251) then Lambeth (212) and Southwark (209) 

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f94c3c90da5b4e9f9a0b19484dd4bb14 

I check this regularly. I live near and work in Sheffield, last Saturday there were 48 reported cases. Yesterday it was 174. Seems to be spreading quickly. 

4 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

People stuck in for potentially months and they can't even do a bit of DIY...seems like madness as they're open anyway.

Presumably it's to discourage people from leaving the house to go and buy things like laminate flooring. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â