Generic Virus Thread

villakram

In Sweden we had 18 dead in Stockholm alone and people are still behaving like it's nothing serious because the authorities are not enforcing any rules.

Skiing holiday? No problem. Gyms open, public swimming pools open, restaurants open, public transportation more crammed than ever, schools open...

Hospitals swarmed and running out of supplies and materials.

It's so very obvious they are going for this herd immunity but won't say it in so many words because people might not look too kindly to that once their loved ones start dying.

Stockholm is pretty much the only "big" city and outside of there it's not too bad yet but Easter weekend and all these idiots going on holidays will change that.

Edited by sne

3 hours ago, bickster said:

New day, new employment decision

Most staff are now being "furloughed" at the end of the week. I however have been deemed critical and will be working from home on Full Pay

(I might find out more tomorrow or Friday Tony)

We look like we will furlough everyone apart from the accounts lady who will of course have to be processing all the payments and deal with 400 people who all seem to be copy and pasting the same text from Martin Lewis and demanding we pay them furlough since 1st March , despite the fact everyone was still working in March and being paid !!

I understand people are concerned about income but they  are reacting to a headline , there hasn’t been any clear guidance yet on how it’s all going to work 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

We look like we will furlough everyone apart from the accounts lady who will of course have to be processing all the payments and deal with 400 people who all seem to be copy and pasting the same text from Martin Lewis and demanding we pay them furlough since 1st March , despite the fact everyone was still working in March and being paid !!

I understand people are concerned about income but they  are reacting to a headline , there hasn’t been any clear guidance yet on how it’s all going to work 

I've spoken to our Chief Exec since I posted that and he was of the opinion that Johnson said something in todays update, that was a game changer for us anyway. I haven't; listened or read anything about it tbh so I have no idea what he's on about but you might want to have an in depth listen. I think it stemmed from 1 in 20 people being made redundant already (according to my CE) so the position changed.

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Bog roll made a return to our local supermarket I noticed today

Haven't seen any freezers anywhere have you? My parents decided that today was a good day to break theirs...

21 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Haven't seen any freezers anywhere have you? My parents decided that today was a good day to break theirs...

Costco still open?

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

Argos is I think

Yeah... All the places are open for delivery they just have no freezers. They all got panic bought by the panic buyers who realised they hadn't got anywhere to panic freeze their panic buys.

8 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

White boxer shorts are a brave choice, I always think.

Not brave, just stupid.

speaking of which, I don’t know what’s up with my guts lately, but it will be really **** apparent if I lose my sense of smell.

8 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

They all got panic bought by the panic buyers who realised they hadn't got anywhere to panic freeze their panic buys.

Then realised they lived in a one-bedroom flat, with nowhere to panic put their panic bought freezer that they panic bought to panic freeze their panic buys. 

• Haha 1

Nadine Zahawi

He’s an utterly horrible liar isn’t he. Odious display of deliberately trying to confuse and pretend not to understand really really simple questions on Newsnight.

What sort of person goes on tv to deliberately lie about life and death? 

Apparently we have all the respirators and all the ppe and all the tests we could possibly need, everything is cool, relax.

Lying Representative for Wellingborough.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 2

Â