Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why are people so against scaremongering? At the very least it makes people think before they act and the most it makes people not leave their homes.  Whether it’s over the top scaremongering or not the way I see it is it will only help the situation.

Not sure why it’s still bothering people.

Do you work for the media.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Thing is, the plaague is treatable with modern science and we would be able to detect it rapidly and quell its spread. You can't really compare an illness from the middle ages to an illness today. If coronavirus had struck then it could easily have been as bad, just look at the mortality rates of the Spanish Flu in 1918 which is probably the closest analogue we have to covid-19.

Also people aren’t used to death like they were during those times. Life expectancy in 1918 In the US was 38 for men! 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Mrs Sidcow earlier today mentioned the cheek kissing welcome.  Because of that it has probably gone through the population like wildfire.  You basically spread your germs all over both cheeks of one person then somebody else immediately does the same thing.  Imagine a group of 6 people greeting each other. 

I am, all Italian 19 year old girls 🤤

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why are people so against scaremongering? At the very least it makes people think before they act and the most it makes people not leave their homes.  Whether it’s over the top scaremongering or not the way I see it is it will only help the situation.

Not sure why it’s still bothering people.

A2317EFB-0C4A-4B66-B096-67474FD21033.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

56 deaths today up to 236

All with 'underlying health problems' 

I guess most of us have underlying health problems of some sort... I have asthma and high blood pressure. I guess i'd fall into that category if the worst happens

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

All with 'underlying health problems' 

I guess most of us have underlying health problems of some sort... I have asthma and high blood pressure. I guess i'd fall into that category if the worst happens

This is what I am thinking that a lot of people could be classed as having underlying health conditions. Be good to know if these are serious health conditions.

51 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not at all mate. I just personally think we’re way beyond the sceptical it’s all scaremongering comments.  It’s those opinions that are making people continue to go out and about and spread it.  I don’t think it’s going to help the situation. 

Exactly. Anyone still peddling the myth that this is just like the flu is talking bollocks.

• Like 2

Things I wish I hadn't started doing No. 1 -  Thinking that:

• The amount of deaths is less than the number of people in Little Mix a couple of weeks ago.
  • The amount of deaths would all fit onto a coach a week or so ago.
  • The amount of deaths wouldn't fill a cinema last week.
  • The amount of deaths wouldn't quite fill the Lower Holte End three days ago.
  • The amount of deaths almost fills the Holte End today.

I find myself wondering how long it'll be before the dead wouldn't fit into Villa Park, or Wembley or are a larger number than the population of Solihull. It's horrible and I can't stop.

My life is now dominated by the idea that sooner or later these numbers become large enough to become names and that when they do they will hurt. These may be the saddest times of our lives.

• Sad 1

The Blasé attitude of it hasn’t killed that many people confuses me. I bet the same people complain when the government treat us all as numbers. Every life counts to someone. Will it take coronavirus to take a family member or close friend before they give a shit?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Should i be worried.

Woke up this morning with pain in my chest in my breast bone and right pec.

Done nothing physically demanding just woke up and it was there.

Only hurts when i press it or move my arms or stand up and sit down.

No other symptoms i don't think.

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Should i be worried.

It doesn’t sound like coronavirus mate but check 111 website just in case. 

Well 3 weeks ago I was batting this off as another disease that is supposed to wipe us out like the rest of them were.. wondering what all the panic fuss was about... it wont get over here, its thousands of miles away in China..

My opinion changed very quickly.... s**t is real and about to get very real for many of us very quickly. 53 deaths today and spreading like wildfire! 

13 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Should i be worried.

Delayed wanking injury

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Crazy world at the moment.

I'm generally a laid back guy but am worried about this. My son lives with his mum 2 hour drive away and his mum has developed a cough, not a dry cough though she said! I have a slight temperature. Generally things like this wouldn't bother me, in fact, I'm rarely sick but now I'm worried if I'll see my son anytime soon. Due to see him next weekend but so unsure. 

Â