Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, bickster said:

The rest of your post wasn't worth reading. Stop reading and listening to bullshit

I don't believe anything yet, as there is no factual scientific or actual evidence it originated from Wuhan China.

From a conversation with a friend this morning.

Another Swedish friend ***** ********* living in New Jersey, is taking all the groceries to their garage for 72 hours before actually bringing them in. A scientist - could you have guessed?

36 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I have just been reading on the internet, "its geoengineering, contrails are actually chemicals", naa none of that bullcrap. But some scientists actually saying it must have come from America, as they have the genome A,B,C,D and E strains of it, there is no other country which has all strains. Believe what you like but this is no normal Virus which has come out of nowhere. That market is Wuhan China is centuries old and seems completely random to have happened now!

This might be a Useful read for you 

The analysis of public genome sequence data from SARS-CoV-2 and related viruses found no evidence that the virus was made in a laboratory or otherwise engineered.

Edited by tonyh29

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

...was the Rothschilds...

...was British agents war gaming...

...they are going to lock down London last Friday...

...Italian troops are parked on the motorway just outside Glasgow...

...warm water kills viruses...

I find it fascinating that people have a compulsion to spread bullshit rumours, even when they probably know they are bullshit rumours. It’s like they just like the excitement of being ‘involved’.

If you can’t see a reliable source, reliable being kinda more NHS than Facebook, then you really aren’t helping.

I hear it's Bill Gates who is behind it all. Apparently he trademarked Corona Virus in 2018... :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think people now more than ever should consider what they are posting. This isn't should we play 5 at the back, or Tories v Labour.  This is peoples lives and livelihood we are talking about. Don't spread gossip or lies. People will spread that even further.  Read proper news and go by what the majority of scientists recommend.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, colhint said:

I think people now more than ever should consider what they are posting. This isn't should we play 5 at the back, or Tories v Labour.  This is peoples lives and livelihood we are talking about. Don't spread gossip or lies. People will spread that even further.  Read proper news and go by what the majority of scientists recommend.

I think in times like this, more than ever common sense is extremely important.

Sadly a lot of people lack this.

Wash your hands, don't go out if you suspect you are sick and so on... it's all obvious stuff.

Edited by sne

5 minutes ago, sne said:

I think in times like this, more than ever common sense is extremely important.

Sadly a lot of people lack this.

Wash your hands, don't go out if you suspect you are sick and so on... it's all obvious stuff.

A person is smart but people are stupid, which is why social media has had such a detrimental affect on society.

We were never meant to be this connected, in  my opinion at least.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

...was the Rothschilds...

...was British agents war gaming...

...they are going to lock down London last Friday...

...Italian troops are parked on the motorway just outside Glasgow.

I find it fascinating that people have a compulsion to spread bullshit rumours, even when they probably know they are bullshit rumours. It’s like they just like the excitement of being ‘involved’.

In the opening months of the First World War, a rumour spread across the United Kingdom that Russian soldiers – identified by the ‘snow on their boots’ – had landed in Scotland en route to the Western Front. Despite being relegated to history’s footnotes as a comical but meaningless episode, this article takes the rumour seriously. Unconcerned with questions of ‘truth’ (the rumour was dismissed as fantastical by late October 1914), I will argue that the real value of this story is in what it reveals about British society at the outbreak of war. The rumour emerged as the British Expeditionary Force entered its first big test of the Great War – the battle of Mons – which would result in Germany’s first great victory and resulting in thousands of casualties. As such the rumour can be interpreted as a form of ‘secular apparition’ bringing consolation to many. It was one of the ways ordinary people made sense of their newly threatening world.

Link

And of course 2020 social media spreads the shit even faster than COV-19. 

Moneybox - very disappointing. Didn't even mention the issue about legacy benefits when they spoke to their benefits expert.

I'm not sure what to read in to that given that they did make comments about the self-employed, i.e. suggesting that this will be dealt with but as it's more complex it will take longer to come up with a solution.

A couple of well established village pubs close by to where I live have decided to close, having both only last week launched takeaway versions of their normal menu, and closed the restaurant and bar. We bought from one of them last night, and saw the announcement this morning, which is a shame because they offer a lot to the community as well. I wonder if the recent announcements by the government are making it easier for these places to just shut up shop completely as wages can be paid to staff, rather than fighting to remain semi-functional...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

A person is smart but people are stupid, which is why social media has had such a detrimental affect on society.

We were never meant to be this connected, in  my opinion at least.

It’s so stupid, people share a picture of an empty shelf or queue outside a super market and ask others not to panic. 
It’s human nature to panic when you think you might be left behind so it fuels the problem.

I wish Facebook would ban posts like that. 

• Like 1

And even now, with everyone locked into their houses there are still toe-rags out trying to break in - I find it hard to get my head around the mentality of the people who smashed open my neighbours conservatory last night. Have a day off you scumbags.

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Tayls said:

A couple of well established village pubs close by to where I live have decided to close, having both only last week launched takeaway versions of their normal menu, and closed the restaurant and bar. We bought from one of them last night, and saw the announcement this morning, which is a shame because they offer a lot to the community as well. I wonder if the recent announcements by the government are making it easier for these places to just shut up shop completely as wages can be paid to staff, rather than fighting to remain semi-functional...

Good point, for businesses of a certain size there isn’t an awful lot of incentive to keep going.

19 minutes ago, Tayls said:

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Good point, for businesses of a certain size there isn’t an awful lot of incentive to keep going.

This is the whole point, not sure why you aren't getting it. This is the government in effect saying moithball your business now, send your staff home and lets all come out on the other side. If you have a business where you can't work from home or is essential to the running of the country, bloody shut it now and stop people going to work needlessly

• Like 1

Â