Generic Virus Thread

villakram

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I just heard someone on Sky News say Germany are apparently recording deaths differently on their death certificates so maybe not all covid 19 related deaths are being recorded as such. It would certainly explain why their numbers are so out of line with what is happening pretty much everywhere else.

Interesting, So maybe blaming the underlying conditions rather than COV19? 

5 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Another in London,

Northwick Park Hospital in Harrow has just declared a critical incident as critical care unit has hit full capacity! 

The fact that our hospitals pretty much run at full capacity all the time meant that this was always likely to run away from us very quickly yet still I can help the spread of it by going to the gym, going to a restaurant and go out pubbing and clubbing with thousands of other people tonight.

Edited by markavfc40

Coronavirus kills 4 family members and sickens others after a dinner in New Jersey

For those that seemed to doubt that this can wipe out entire families :

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/19/health/new-jersey-coronavirus-family-members-killed/index.html

Four dead and two in a critical condition from the same family, So much for the Herd!.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The fact that our hospitals pretty much run at full capacity all the time meant that this was always likely to run away from us very quickly yet still I can help the spread of it by going to the gym, going to a restaurant and go out pubbing and clubbing with thousands of other people tonight.

Crazy as **** mate! 

Hays Travel (the geniuses who bought up Thomas Cook) are probably on the way out. Local news has them laying off 600 people (might have been 900). This article was a foretaste: https://www.sunderlandecho.com/business/hays-travel-asks-staff-take-voluntary-leave-coronavirus-outbreak-impacts-travel-industry-2448011

Owners interviewed on the news reckon they lost £400k yesterday. 

Guess it was inevitable!.. 

I think the government would do almost anything within its power - if not more - to stop a housing market crash this year given everything else that's going on.

But then again, maybe it simply just can't prop it this time round.

Coronavirus: Rightmove warns UK property market facing sharp slowdown

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/uk-property-coronavirus-house-prices-what-impact-buy-sell-home-101132215.html

17 minutes ago, Awol said:

Virology fella on the radio this morning saying it may just be a fluke of the way the outbreak had developed in Germany, but as the case load increases their ICUs will inevitably become overwhelmed. 

Possible Germans just have better genes, but that conversation might get a bit controversial ;) 

I saw a stat that said they had the highest number of ICU beds per person in Europe. Could be one explanation?

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Hearing London Pubs, clubs, gyms etc are closing tonight on orders from the government 

Should be announced with PM's PC at 5pm 

Pubs clubs and gyms of Watford and Croydon rejoice as custom booms.

40 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Hays Travel (the geniuses who bought up Thomas Cook) are probably on the way out. Local news has them laying off 600 people (might have been 900). This article was a foretaste: https://www.sunderlandecho.com/business/hays-travel-asks-staff-take-voluntary-leave-coronavirus-outbreak-impacts-travel-industry-2448011

Owners interviewed on the news reckon they lost £400k yesterday. 

It seemed ludicrously ambitious of them to think they could go from a relatively small company to succeeding where TC couldn’t.

My wife worked in travel for most of her career but got a job with local council couple of years back. About 4 months ago Hays tapped her up and she almost joined them but it just didn’t seem right. It just looked doomed, no infrastructure, no money, no processes, no systems.

I couldn’t see them surviving even without this

Edited by Genie

Â