Generic Virus Thread

villakram

20 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Silly as it seams try your local estate shops, 

I have managed to get everything from my local corner shop, even toilet roll, hand wash, eggs, paracetamol etc that are empty in the supermarkets. 

Life tip, If No toilet roll just buy kitchen roll then cut it in half! 

2 for 1 Aye it!.. 

Tried all the small local shops too!  Thanks though. The whole thing is so retarded.

33 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I've been out shopping 5 or 6 times this week to try and get toilet roll and can't get any. Must have been to about 7 different shops in total including m&s. It's so dumb.

I could not even be bothered looking last night. I've just bought a few packs of baby wipes that with careful application, will hopefully see me through. Assuming one turd/day, I'm covered for the year. B&M had plenty. My partner who lives in Harrogate is having a nightmare getting anything resembling toilet roll. 

Socks. 

I think I'd gladly see Tim Martin and his smug overfed face stood in the middle of a bunch of drinks coughing and spluttering all over him for a few hours in the current climate.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Illegal mate, Record it all and document it as its unlawful if she is on the vulnerable list, Will be constructive dismissal and help you build a solid case for compensation when it blows over. 

All employers have a duty of care to protect staff from the risks and exposures of the workplace by implementing control measures that are seen as reasonably as practical. 

HSE

The HSE has published guidance for employers on protecting home workers – read it here.

Government Advice 

BEIS has updated their guidance for employers, employees and businesses during the pandemic: Click here 

CAS Webinars for Employers

Employers can join a free ACAS webinar ‘Coronavirus – an advisory webinar for employers’. The webinar provides practical advice for employers to help manage the impact of coronavirus in the workplace. It includes:-

• steps that can help reduce the spread of the virus
  • effective ways of communicating with employees
  • self-isolating, time off, sickness certification and sick pay
  • altering working hours, shift patterns and working arrangements
  • remote working and the use of technology 

Businesses can find out more and register here

Yup. They don't care, and she's not willing to rock the boat. She's not the only one either. I have an absolute respect for NHS workers, but **** the middle management.

I've argued my case and she's still going in. She knows I think it's **** stupid, putting herself in harms way, when we will be absolutely fine financially. Other than lock her in the house there's nothing I can do. 

Tim Martin is a complete disaster all round. Why are the media talking to him? You know he's going to have terrible opinions that are a danger to public health, because he *always* has terrible opinions, about *everything*, so why bother talking to him? But even more so, why aren't Matt Hancock or Boris Johnson appearing in public to say 'no, that man is a complete danger, he's utterly wrong'?

• Like 4

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Tim Martin is a complete disaster all round. Why are the media talking to him? You know he's going to have terrible opinions that are a danger to public health, because he *always* has terrible opinions, about *everything*, so why bother talking to him? But even more so, why aren't Matt Hancock or Boris Johnson appearing in public to say 'no, that man is a complete danger, he's utterly wrong'?

Brexit means Brexit

The man helped them to win, they won't cross him.

40 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Does anyone in the UK have a bidet? I have only seen them abroad. 

Every shower is a bidet if you use your imagination.

In my single bachelor lifestyle years I would run out of toilet paper on the regular and never remember to buy it.  The whole world has gone mad.

I would also say a good proportion of my movements are clean wipes.

Too much information?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The answer to your last question lies in the amount he donates to them. 

45 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Does anyone in the UK have a bidet? I have only seen them abroad. 

Got a back garden, a hosepipe and a high hedge. Morning glory right there. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yup. They don't care, and she's not willing to rock the boat. She's not the only one either. I have an absolute respect for NHS workers, but **** the middle management.

I've argued my case and she's still going in. She knows I think it's **** stupid, putting herself in harms way, when we will be absolutely fine financially. Other than lock her in the house there's nothing I can do. 

Seriously I would lock her in and just remind her that all the **** Hero's are in the cemetery mate!  

If this lack of telling places to shut etc and lack of enforced social distancing continues how long will it be before one of Vallance or Whitty shout up and say more has to be done. Johnson is the kind of gutless bastard that if this goes tits up will push the blame anywhere he can rather than have any finger pointing towards him.

37 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Never used a bidet, but surely you end up with VERY wet arse, and water running down the backs of your legs - so you have to dry with a towel. And if tbe spray has left even the tiniest bit of shite behind... ewww. 

Nah, blot with toilet paper after a good squirt and your ring is pristine. It’s the thing I probably miss most about living abroad, far superior to bog roll only.

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

If this lack of telling places to shut etc and lack of enforced social distancing continues how long will it be before one of Vallance or Whitty shout up and say more has to be done. Johnson is the kind of gutless bastard that if this goes tits up will push the blame anywhere he can rather than have any finger pointing towards him.

Surprise surprise!.. 

Boris Johnson admits the disease is 'not responding' to efforts to slow it down

The UK's coronavirus outbreak is one of the fastest escalating epidemics in Europe, official statistics have revealed.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson this week acknowledged the epidemic was entering its 'fast growth phase'.

'At the moment the disease is proceeding in a way that does not seem, yet, to be responding to our interventions.

'I believe that a combination of the measures that we're asking the public to take and better testing... will enable us to get on top of it within the next 12 weeks and turn the tide.

Daily Mail 

2 hours ago, Enda said:

Dossiers of advice against the consensus of European neighbours, the UK’s approach to COVID–19 reminds me of Tony Blair and Iraq.

Lolz. Interesting then that Germany is following a very similar line to UK.

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Interesting then that Germany is following a very similar line to UK.

I just heard someone on Sky News say Germany are apparently recording deaths differently on their death certificates so maybe not all covid 19 related deaths are being recorded as such. It would certainly explain why their numbers are so out of line with what is happening pretty much everywhere else.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

Lolz. Interesting then that Germany is following a very similar line to UK.

I wish we were,

Germany has over 3k new cases today with 8 dead 

Spain had circa 2.5k new cases today with 210 dead 

UK now has 40 new deaths toady , New case figures TBC

Edited by Kingman

Â