Generic Virus Thread

villakram

11 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Anyone see the report from the hospital in Italy just on Sky news. It is really frightening. As many people that go in die as live. It will probably be on again at 1am. Certainly brings it home to you what we are facing.

This is it, Warning Graphic Content of a stark reality! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

As opposed to what? Being in the office and the boss standing over them cracking the whip?

People with a lack of self-motivation will be unmotivated regardless of where they sit. 

Yes and no. Some people will and others won’t, it’s just human nature. In theory management would have personal KPIs to be able to keep track of each person’s output regardless of where they are sitting or what hours they are working. Those that struggle to self motivate when away from a peer group should get found out. 

Edited by LondonLax

It's unbelievable that pubs and restaurants have not been told to close and still taking bookings for Mother's Day! 

This is not a movie, this is not just happening to other people, we are now 10/12 days from being an Italy. 

Plenty of things to kill you in life but PLEASE, DO NOT DIE OF IGNORANCE!!!

Stay safe everyone!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tayls said:

NB: purely selfish post...

supposed to be completing on a house purchase either tomorrow or early next week. Kinda don’t want to now! Dreading what’s gonna happen a bit further down the line, especially if one or both of my wife or I lose our jobs. 

Weve already ‘completed’ on our house sale, we exchange next week. Living with the in-laws currently. 

**** knows what I want to do right now. 

I'm in a similar situation. 
Are you confident you have bought the house you're buying at a decent price because the bottom could fall out of the housing market in the next couple of months?

If you've already sold your house then it really wouldnt be a bad idea to bank the money and live with the in-laws with no pressure for a couple of months...

What is the rest of Europe doing about getting money into the pockets of the self-employed, Gig and zero hour workers? 

The money so far has not been trickling down when people do not have money or are unable to buy the food/medication they require or to protect themselves and families

it is only natural it becomes ideal breeding ground for spreading panic and fear, something at all costs you would want to prevent!

We are now Seeing that over a 1000 are dead in Spain!

Its really is taking off there and they've only just locked down this could get worse than Italy,

A lot of EX-Pat UK pensioners are out there too!

Edited by Kingman

WTF!.. From **** Monday Mr Hancock? 

NHS will tell 1.4 million Britons to self-isolate from Monday

Over a million Brits will be told to self-isolate against coronavirus on Monday. Matt Hancock says NHS will contact vulnerable people and tell them what to do.

Speaking today, Health Secretary Matt Hancock revealed that Brits classed as vulnerable will be contacted by the NHS and told what specific actions they need to take to protect themselves from the killer virus. 

Daily Mail 

Being bombarded with questions from our staff, a lot of who are classed in the vulnerable group. Most of our members fall into the key worker groups too. Very hard biting my lip, and not just encourage them to get themselves away,  and tell the bosses to do one! 😬

Obviously government guidelines are as clear as mud, and hindering people's decisions more than helping. 

• Like 1

Social distancing restrictions need to be in place for "at least most of a year", according to scientists advising the government.

that's huge if they implement this

4 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Over a million Brits will be told to self-isolate against coronavirus on Monday. Matt Hancock says NHS will contact vulnerable people and tell them what to do.

Speaking today, Health Secretary Matt Hancock revealed that Brits classed as vulnerable will be contacted by the NHS and told what specific actions they need to take to protect themselves from the killer virus. 

Daily Mail 

And only vulnerable people...

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

So, what patients will the hospitals prioritise? CV19 sufferers, or gunshot wounds? 

That'll only be  problem until they realise they can shoot the poorer sufferers to free up beds for people that can afford them.

4 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Being bombarded with questions from our staff, a lot of who are classed in the vulnerable group. Most of our members fall into the key worker groups too. Very hard biting my lip, and not just encourage them to get themselves away,  and tell the bosses to do one! 😬

Obviously government guidelines are as clear as mud, and hindering people's decisions more than helping. 

• Working from home – Current Government guidance is underpinned by the principle that we should all keep working if we can. Guidance is that you can work from home as long as you can suitably achieve the outputs expected of you/your role, and that you have obtained your line manager’s agreement to do so.  

• School & nursery closures – As you will have seen all schools and nurseries are too close for the majority of children from this Friday.  This will be very significant for parents and guardians and will understandably have impact on home and work lives.  I

• Health & Wellbeing – Isolation, social distancing, caring for loved ones, and working from home will all inevitably impact upon our health & wellbeing.  It’s important to recognise this and be realistic regarding what we can and can’t do.   Through looking after ourselves we can better look after others and be more productive.  

56 minutes ago, Awol said:

The evidence base for UK measures:

Dossiers of advice against the consensus of European neighbours, the UK’s approach to COVID–19 reminds me of Tony Blair and Iraq.

Hopefully the Nurse seen crying in her car because she couldn't buy basic essentials from a supermarket after working a 48 hour shift will have some effect on those selfish morons who keep stock-piling. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Daily Mail 

So that's me then, as I get an NHS Flu Jab.

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Hopefully the Nurse seen crying in her car because she couldn't buy basic essentials from a supermarket after working a 48 hour shift will have some effect on those selfish morons who keep stock-piling. 

I sadly doubt it - it’ll probably have the reverse effect and panic the herd like  masses into buying more whilst they can :( 

Â