Jump to content
villakram

Generic Virus Thread

Recommended Posts

Italy show signs of slowing after taking much more drastic measures than Britain has

Italian coronavirus infections have slowed in recent days after the country took drastic quarantine measures to stop the spread of the pathogen. The figures are a sobering warning to Britain, which unlike Italy has not closed schools, shut down shops or blocked travel.  

The number of daily cases in Italy has been stagnant in the last four days, settling down at around 3,500 new patients per day.

Daily Mail

To take strict measures last week was already too late, but to let it go wild and build the herd immunity approach doesn't work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Germany has put a curfew in place in a town in bavaria

Sounds like they're going to do it at a local government level at the moment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why we keeping f'ing around. Shut the schools now. Only leaving the house for essential reasons allowed. Get Police/Army at all supermarkets ensuring only so many people in stores at one time and no selfishness of bulk buying leaving others with nothing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:


This is saving lives!

 

Is it worth it?

That's no **** way to live. And we're talking about this maybe lasting a year, perhaps longer? **** that, I'll take my chances. I don't want to live a year under house arrest.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The herd immunity 'plan' only works if you've got a vaccine or you have a healthcare system with limitless resources or you're prepared to let hundreds of thousands die and for the healthcare system to collapse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand the new Tesco rules. Max 3 of any item? So 3 single bananas? What if i buy those bananas in the plastic bags, so 3 of those bags is like 15-18 bananas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Daniel said:

I don't understand the new Tesco rules. Max 3 of any item? So 3 single bananas? What if i buy those bananas in the plastic bags, so 3 of those bags is like 15-18 bananas.

3 4 packs of bog paper or 3 32 packs of bog paper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Is it worth it?

That's no **** way to live. And we're talking about this maybe lasting a year, perhaps longer? **** that, I'll take my chances. I don't want to live a year under house arrest.

That information has come from my friend as to what life is like in Spain not me. I have some sympathy for your opinion and I guess plenty would share it which is why they will possibly need to deploy the army onto the streets.

Edited by markavfc40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, markavfc40 said:

That information has come from my friend as to what life is like in Spain not me. I have some sympathy for your opinion and I guess plenty would share it which is why they will need to deploy the army onto the streets.

Yeah I get that, wasn't aimed at you as such, I know you weren't saying it.

Makes me wonder though. How many deaths are we willing to tolerate to prevent life being completely shit for everyone.

I think I'd rather top myself than spend a year at home not allowed to go out to do anything or see friends or family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Eh? NHS website says nothing about headaches.

Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms

Stay at home if you have either:

  • a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
  • a new, continuous cough – this means you've started coughing repeatedly

Those are just the symptoms they're telling you to self isolate with if you have them, because they're the most common to Covid and least common to everything else.

If they told everyone who had a headache to self-isolate then we'd all be in quarantine already :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Is it worth it?

That's no **** way to live. And we're talking about this maybe lasting a year, perhaps longer? **** that, I'll take my chances. I don't want to live a year under house arrest.

Sounds like

 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah I get that, wasn't aimed at you as such, I know you weren't saying it.

Makes me wonder though. How many deaths are we willing to tolerate to prevent life being completely shit for everyone.

I think I'd rather top myself than spend a year at home not allowed to go out to do anything or see friends or family.

Sounds great to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Sounds like

 

Sounds great to me.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, I can accept being called a word removed but you need to be a bit more clear :D

Literally everything is a tradeoff. How many lives would we save if we banned cars? Millions. But we don't, because it's worth the tradeoff. You draw the line at a certain point of deaths to everyone else's enjoyment of life.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, I can accept being called a word removed but you need to be a bit more clear :D

Literally everything is a tradeoff. How many lives would we save if we banned cars? Millions. But we don't, because it's worth the tradeoff. You draw the line at a certain point of deaths to everyone else's enjoyment of life.

Being under house arrest for a year is not living anyway so might as well go out, get fully COVID-19'd up and take your chances......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

English schools closing from friday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schooooolllllssss out for....... indefinitely 

A-463597-1463846337-4291.jpeg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Italy show signs of slowing after taking much more drastic measures than Britain has

That doesn't seem to tally with the news on Sky 5 mins ago  ,   (Number of deaths in Italy rises by 475 in a single day to 2,978 )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Don’t forget to wash those hands guys 

 

60B1289E-B792-4E95-A68C-423B332DA96C.png

I was doing the Team Rocket slogan from the old Pokemon anime, but this will do very nicely :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I don't know why we keeping f'ing around. Shut the schools now. Only leaving the house for essential reasons allowed. Get Police/Army at all supermarkets ensuring only so many people in stores at one time and no selfishness of bulk buying leaving others with nothing.

The problem with shutting the schools: its the only meal some kids get and its where the kids don’t get punched.

They’ve literally been buying time to work out a plan for the at risk kids.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merkel has said its the hardest times and biggest test since the end of the 2nd World War 

Did a live TV thing earlier (her 1st ever live address in 15 years in charge) which is repeated on all the main channels later, does a statement or broadcast pretty much every day 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â