Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 minute ago, sne said:

So apparently airline companies are flying with empty planes now because if they don't use their allotted slots in the schedule they will lose their landing sights and schedules.  Due to EU regulations they have to use at least 80% of their landing sites or risk losing them.

That's beyond retarded, surely they can make a exception from that rule during these times.

the airlines were pushing for it the other week , i thought the regulations had been relaxed on this  ?

8 minutes ago, sne said:

So apparently airline companies are flying with empty planes now because if they don't use their allotted slots in the schedule they will lose their landing sights and schedules.  Due to EU regulations they have to use at least 80% of their landing sites or risk losing them.

That's beyond retarded, surely they can make a exception from that rule during these times.

I think they said they were suspending those rules last week.

Edit:

Article

The International Air Transport Association (IATA) welcomed the announcement by the European Commission (EC) granting the temporary suspension until June 2020 of the 80-20 ‘use it or lose it’ rule for airport slots.

The decision reflects the unprecedented situation facing the airline industry. However, granting the suspension only until June is the very minimum the industry needs, and a decision on a full suspension until October will be needed within the next month to allow airlines to plan their schedules.

...rest on link

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

I think they said they were suspending those rules last week.

They are pushing for it but apparently it's not a done deal yet.

Or so Swedish papers claim...

1 minute ago, sne said:

They are pushing for it but apparently it's not a done deal yet.

Or so Swedish papers claim...

Sorry, I juest edited my above post with an article. It looks as though it has been done but only in the short term.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

whats everybody's thoughts on using the gym while this is doing the rounds and with the government advice re social distancing?

I wipe equipment with sanitiser before and after use but gym's are renown for being  breeding grounds for germs etc.

I'm fit and healthy but I'm currently of the mindset of not taking a chance and knocking it on the head.

I've stopped going this week. Not worth it imo. If I lived on my own and didn't see anyone I might risk it. But with stuff like seeing my mom for mothers day I won't be risking it

11 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Noice.

Image result for wink gif

In fairness on Monday my boss told me not to be stupid if I'm ill and they pretty much told me to go home yesterday so now I'm coughing my lungs up every now and then I can see their point.

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

In fairness on Monday my boss told me not to be stupid if I'm ill and they pretty much told me to go home yesterday so now I'm coughing my lungs up every now and then I can see their point.

Codeine and bourbon.

3 hours ago, turvontour said:

Not hugely important but anyone know if we would still have to pay nursery fees as and when schools and nurseries are closed?

That's a complicated call. If you're still guaranteed your wage and it's a private nursery then I'd recommend carrying on paying regardless of whether you're using the service at the moment. Those independent child care facilities will collapse/ carers won't get paid if you all pull your funds.

However, if it's school funded I certainly wouldn't worry about paying and if you are financially struggling/nervous then you have to look after your family first.

Just now, Chindie said:

Yep.

Ah OK. I just came out of a meeting that said only those that live on their own should self isolate for a week, if you live with someone it should be 14 days for both. Just checking

• Thanks 1

Â