Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, trekka said:

Yep but quite a big drop compared to last Monday...

EDIT: I've just updated the number from last Monday.   Bloody Sky News.  Still, it is still quite a drop. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Monday Vs Monday surely means both suffer from underreporting? The trend is the same in Scotland and Wales. Whilst nobody can be certain why, it is very reassuring to see the drop in such numbers, given we're only vaccinating more as time goes by and may not see another peak as high...

Yeah definitely down a lot, but it just needs a bit of caution when comparing Monday's new figures of anything compared to the previous day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

Yeah definitely down a lot, but it just needs a bit of caution when comparing Monday's new figures of anything compared to the previous day.

Indeed.  Which is why I used the compared to last Monday's figures :D.

Going in the right direction - let's see what next Monday brings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

Yeah definitely down a lot, but it just needs a bit of caution

It does. If your suggestion that the testing is down (and it is down a lot) because the schools aren't doing it now they're closed, then the actual number of cases may not be down  - we can't know just yet. Another thing is the country only had freedom day last Monday, so I wonder if the impact of that might yet cause the figures to go back up - if the weather changes and people are indoors more etc.

There are still a heck of a lot of people not vaccinated and the virus is still out there and very contagious. I'd love the drop off to continue, but I suspect it won't.

People dumping the app also means people not getting pinged and so not getting tested, perhaps The virus hasn't gone away.

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

It was the same for the Euro final at Wembley I believe (according to a mate), so not just an Edgbaston thing.

All the Euros games at Wembley, but they’d barely even look anyway, you just flashed your phone and they’d wave you on. 

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

This is deeply worrying.

Very. Double jabbed, vaccine passport and still need negative tests?. Nah, I don't think so.

If that is what is needed to gain entry to certain places then I guess I won't be spending my money anymore. Time to embrace the hermit life! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Great that rates are coming down but is it worrying that hospital admissions are increasing? I guess it would be good to know how many of those aren't vaccinated.

Hospital admissions reflect what happened 2 weeks ago when cases were increasing/high. 

The current reductions in cases should come through to the hospital figures 2 weeks from now.  It takes a while for new infections to develop into hospital cases. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Hope this eases the mind of some people on here, one of my friends got COVID after being double vaxxed (final vax in May) and they’ve got a heavy cold. They were at high risk. 

Just hope this helps ease minds. 

I'm double jabbed and just recovered from Covid. It was pretty unpleasant but i've had worse. Hopefully we're all through the worst of it all now. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

I'm double jabbed and just recovered from Covid. It was pretty unpleasant but i've had worse. Hopefully we're all through the worst of it all now. 

Was it effectively the same symptoms (cough, fever, aches etc) but at a much milder level? 

6 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Was it effectively the same symptoms (cough, fever, aches etc) but at a much milder level? 

Started off feeling like bad hay-fever but got worse as the day went on. Then yeah mostly like a bad cold. The aches were probably worst bit but that only lasted 2 days. I've certainly had worse viruses. It does make you feel a bit weird though, the brain fog description is probably the closest. I'd move my head but my brain would feel a few seconds behind, very odd. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrchnry said:

Started off feeling like bad hay-fever but got worse as the day went on. Then yeah mostly like a bad cold. The aches were probably worst bit but that only lasted 2 days. I've certainly had worse viruses. It does make you feel a bit weird though, the brain fog description is probably the closest. I'd move my head but my brain would feel a few seconds behind, very odd. 

I had a cold when the kids went back to school in September. I knew it was a cold and not COVID because I had a snotty nose. But it really hit me hard and I had a temperature and felt rubbish for 3 days. Then suddenly felt great. It was a cold but the worst cold I've had.

Now I'm wondering.

23 hours ago, blandy said:

It does. If your suggestion that the testing is down (and it is down a lot) because the schools aren't doing it now they're closed, then the actual number of cases may not be down  - we can't know just yet. Another thing is the country only had freedom day last Monday, so I wonder if the impact of that might yet cause the figures to go back up - if the weather changes and people are indoors more etc.

There are still a heck of a lot of people not vaccinated and the virus is still out there and very contagious. I'd love the drop off to continue, but I suspect it won't.

People dumping the app also means people not getting pinged and so not getting tested, perhaps The virus hasn't gone away.

The graphs today show testing is down 13% but cases are down 30% on the last 7 days, my maths is pretty crude but as long as cases decrease quicker than testing then it's pretty encouraging I think?

Anyway I occasionally have to stop and think about what an incredible human achievement the vaccines have been.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The graphs today show testing is down 13% but cases are down 30% on the last 7 days, my maths is pretty crude but as long as cases decrease quicker than testing then it's pretty encouraging I think?

Anyway I occasionally have to stop and think about what an incredible human achievement the vaccines have been.

Yet there’s still plenty of people talking like the vaccines are a bad thing . It’s their body I suppose , but I’d like to know how many of the anti vax brigade smoke, drink, or take drugs, and you may as well throw in eat shit all the time .

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah, absolutely.

it looks like stuff like the football possibly caused part of the earlier rises a week or two ago as people watched in the ground and pubs and houses etc. and that’s kind of (obviously) stopped happening, at least till next month. Then the spell of lovely weather. And because of the time lag between catching, hospital, death the latter two (hopefully) should drop off too over the next month. Mostly, too people are still doing the masks and wfh where possible, so we could be on for a good period, at least until football starts again and the weather goes a bit crap again. TBF the science men did say that’s why the government was binning of all the precautions on last Monday.

But the virus hasn’t gone away, millions can still catch it and get ill, or worse.

• Like 1

Did anyone else have a really strong reaction to the second jab? My entire shoulder and neck is stiff and everything aches. No sickness but I’m **** nackered. Never had flu before.

Is Bill Gates controlling my wifi? 😕

17 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Did anyone else have a really strong reaction to the second jab? My entire shoulder and neck is stiff and everything aches. No sickness but I’m **** nackered. Never had flu before.

Is Bill Gates controlling my wifi? 😕

If you had Pfizer a strong reaction to the second jab is common. 

Â