Generic Virus Thread

villakram

15 hours ago, darrenm said:

Got to be kids not doing LF tests at school hasn't it? Do their results count?

They definitely count - when I do mine it all gets reported and I get a text off the NHS COVID-19 system that says you've done a lateral flow test and the result is [Negative]

and that would/could explain the drop, thanks.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

So per Starmer's LBC phone in, they favour an approach where you won't be able to go to eg a football match unless you are both double-vaccinated *and* have got a negative test. How long do they envisage this lasting for? Genuinely quite concerned about this becoming a 'new normal'.

This is deeply worrying.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

IMHO passports will come in all around the world,for no other reason than to virtually force people to get vaccinated.

Yeah, feels like that- There are many countries where it is a condition of entry that particular vaccines have been done. Yellow fever etc. 

If testing is required because vacinnated people can still be carriers, what on earth is the justification for the passports?

Labour have never been too worried about civil liberties though, have they. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Labour have never been too worried about civil liberties though, have they. 

Massively this. It has always been a failing. Certain elements of the party have always been authoritarian and want too much control over peoples lives. That's left and right.

Not all of them but there has always been an awful lot of them like that and there still is.

• Like 1

The whole testing before sporting events is nonsense at the moment anyway.

I went to Edgbaston a couple of weeks ago and I had to have a text proving I had a negative test. But that test is just done in good faith. All you do is scan the QR code on the test and then when the website asks what the result is you click negative.

Now mine WAS negative, but it's hardly foolproof. How many people are just saying they've done it?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I went to Edgbaston a couple of weeks ago and I had to have a text proving I had a negative test. But that test is just done in good faith. All you do is scan the QR code on the test and then when the website asks what the result is you click negative.

What website was this? Something set up by Edgebaston or an official government site? If the latter I dread to think how many millions we spent on that...

40 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What website was this? Something set up by Edgebaston or an official government site? If the latter I dread to think how many millions we spent on that...

It was the same for the Euro final at Wembley I believe (according to a mate), so not just an Edgbaston thing.

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

So per Starmer's LBC phone in, they favour an approach where you won't be able to go to eg a football match unless you are both double-vaccinated *and* have got a negative test. How long do they envisage this lasting for? Genuinely quite concerned about this becoming a 'new normal'.

Yes, very worrying stuff.

They'll be wheeling out David Blunkett and Vernon Coaker next to tell us how we should have had ID cards all along.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

YEah the official government website to report a test result.

The only thing it proves is that you are in possession of a test that nobody else has submitted a result for in the past

Edited by Stevo985
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

YEah the official government website to report a test result.

The only thing it proves is that you are in possession of a test that nobody else has submitted a result for in the past

Christ.

The government:

[Image - 428075] | Just Go On The Internet and Tell Lies ...

• Haha 3

The decreasing trend in new cases reported continues.  24,950 new cases today, compared with 39,950 last Monday.  We are going to be alright, aren't we? 

EDIT:  Sky News has been updated - the correct figure is 39,950 last Monday (as opposed to 46,792 previously reported).  Still, we're getting there. 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, trekka said:

The decreasing trend in new cases reported continues.  24,950 new cases today, compared with 46,792 last Monday.  We are going to be alright, aren't we? 

Feels good to be wrong, sometimes :)

7 minutes ago, trekka said:

The decreasing trend in new cases reported continues.  24,950 new cases today, compared with 46,792 last Monday.  We are going to be alright, aren't we? 

Monday innit?

5 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Monday innit?

Yep but quite a big drop compared to last Monday...

EDIT: I've just updated the number from last Monday.   Bloody Sky News.  Still, it is still quite a drop. 

Edited by trekka

Monday Vs Monday surely means both suffer from underreporting? The trend is the same in Scotland and Wales. Whilst nobody can be certain why, it is very reassuring to see the drop in such numbers, given we're only vaccinating more as time goes by and may not see another peak as high...

• Like 2

Â