Generic Virus Thread

villakram

The way my brother farts, they'd have to close down the local town if he has it.  The git eats a curry on the night before flying anywhere too.  Really, really stinky ones he produces. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Genie said:

The Chinese were testing people with anal swabs some time ago.

Wait, isn’t that how all tests are done? That’s what the trustworthy looking fella in a stained tracksuit and a sign that said «free korona vairus tessts hear» said to me. 

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Wait, isn’t that how all tests are done? That’s what the trustworthy looking fella in a stained tracksuit and a sign that said «free korona vairus tessts hear» said to me. 

Daily tests? 

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

And you would think it would only need to be inserted the once instead of repeatedly in and out for 5 minutes when you actually think about it. Strange. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The daily case numbers seem to be reducing every day at the moment.  Are we nearing vaccine/herd immunity or has the Euro's caused a spike that's now reducing?

Just now, sidcow said:

The daily case numbers seem to be reducing every day at the moment.  Are we nearing vaccine/herd immunity or has the Euro's caused a spike that's now reducing?

It’s an odd one. There are fewer tests being done, so is that because fewer folk are feeling icky? or are people deliberately not getting tested because they fear losing money, or freedoms they’ve only just got back?

I can’t work out what’s the factor at dominant play here. Maybe schools closing plus the recent good weather meaning people are outside or at least inside but with windows and doors open at a guess?

I could be wrong but I suspect it’s a temporary change of direction, not the end of them

17 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Caution. Its ok to have caution when lives are involved. I still treat the figures with optimistic caution but its still early. 

There's caution, and there's 'THERE WILL BE 300k DAILY CASES BY MID SUMMER'

• Like 2

I was having a cuppa with my mate the other day when he found out that one of his friends died, heart inflammation brought on by covid so the doctors say. Not sure of his vaccination status. He was 38. 

It’s good that the numbers are low. Hopefully they remain that way.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

heart inflammation brought on by covid so the doctors say. Not sure of his vaccination status. He was 38. 

That's what I instantly thought about when Christian Eriksen had a cardiac arrest despite having been already screened for heart defects previously. Cardiomyopathy from training through a virus is a thing.

So per Starmer's LBC phone in, they favour an approach where you won't be able to go to eg a football match unless you are both double-vaccinated *and* have got a negative test. How long do they envisage this lasting for? Genuinely quite concerned about this becoming a 'new normal'.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, darrenm said:

That's what I instantly thought about when Christian Eriksen had a cardiac arrest despite having been already screened for heart defects previously. Cardiomyopathy from training through a virus is a thing.

And that thing might have been corporate manslaughter.

Â