Generic Virus Thread

villakram

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

It worked like a dream. Vaccination bookings rocketed when he said it

That's good! Anecdotal or are there some figures we can see somewhere?

EDIT - oh you're talking about Macron, not Boris?

Edited by ender4

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

It worked like a dream. Vaccination bookings rocketed when he said it

Yeah, but the ones that don’t have it, will they be under house arrest? I can’t see how it will work.

32 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, but the ones that don’t have it, will they be under house arrest? I can’t see how it will work.

Presumably people who refuse to take the vaccine (not those who can't take it) may simply be turned away from bars, clubs, gigs, events, flights...

No one is forcing them to take the vaccine, so they still have their personal freedom, just saying that you're not welcome here without it. Much like [this is not a good analogy because... incoming in 3, 2, 1, ...] a pub is well within their rights to refuse entry to someone not wearing any clothes - they are allowed to be naked if they want and the landlord is allowed to say "you can't come in here like that."

Edited by fightoffyour

22 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Macron didn't say that, it's fake.

It’s a reduction essentially, he didn’t say those words, but they cover the intent

"This summer will be a summer of economic recovery," he stated, adding that the 'health passport' – a QR code or certificate proving that the holder has a negative Covid-19 test, is fully vaccinated or recently recovered from Covid-19 – will be required throughout different establishments in France from August, including bars, restaurants, cafés and shopping centres. 

Soon after the president's address, France's online health portal Doctolib.fr crashed because of too many people trying to book vaccination appointments.

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20210712-follow-live-france-s-macron-addresses-the-nation-as-covid-19-delta-variant-surges

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blandy said:

It’s a reduction essentially, he didn’t say those words, but they cover the intent

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20210712-follow-live-france-s-macron-addresses-the-nation-as-covid-19-delta-variant-surges

He didn't say any of it. I know they have their own vaccine certs over there now which has driven massive vaccination bookings but the quote is made up. He doesn't have any kids for a start.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, darrenm said:

He didn't say any of it. I know they have their own vaccine certs over there now which has driven massive vaccination bookings but the quote is made up. He doesn't have any kids for a start.

Agreed. It’s someone reducing what he said and what law is to a catch all sentence

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

So approximately 1% of the population of the UK were told to self-isolate by the T&T app last week. 1% in 1 week

It’s crazy. Fair enough to “ping” people. Let them do a test, and then crack on (if negative of course). 
7-10 days isolation is a joke. What about people that live next to a busy bus stop, or a shop or pub? I bet they’ll be permanently in isolation. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Why are they reporting high numbers of people downloading the app like that’s a positive? That’s mostly people deleting the app when they’re notified and re-downloading it to remove the alert.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

One of the lads down our place has been refused furlough. He’s on the books so is entitled to it, but our firm has said it’s too late now. He apparently sent one of the bosses a link to show him that he’s entitled to it, but they said take it as holiday or on the sick , but no furlough. I haven’t really looked at the furlough rules as it doesn’t effect me, but it seems very wrong of them to refuse him furlough. He has a child and another on the way. 

Â