Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Good news, I’d also like to see people who blatantly spread lies to face charges.

There was an antivax nurse struck off the register in the UK this week

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

There was an antivax nurse struck off the register in the UK this week

I posted a video by her son on the conspiracy thread. He is such a grounded normal person and his mum. Not so much. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Tenth consecutive day of no covid deaths here.

Is it still too dangerous to stand on a field and watch a game?

17 hours ago, Xela said:

Is it still too dangerous to stand on a field and watch a game?

16 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

They changed the rule, three days after the last game of the season.

Update: Clarification received this morning. The rule on 30 friends meeting outside and the rule on outdoor events being allowed 4,000 STILL DOES NOT apply to FAW football matches.

Newtown, Connahs Quay, TNS, Bala, all have European games coming up in July and August. As things stand they will not be allowed to have spectators present. There is a slight grey area, the TNS ground straddles the england / wales border, so it will be perfectly safe and legal in some seats, but not others.

Part of me worries, that I asked the FAW about the 30 people / 4,000 people rule. I asked what would happen if I organised an outdoor event that was open to all, but I knew the names of all 200 people that turned up. Would I have to make sure there were only 30 people there I knew and the other 170 were strangers. Also, was there some form of Venn Spreadsheet available so I could make sure none of the 200 knew more than 15% of all the others present. The very next day they confirm watching football stood outside is still banned.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

2nd Jab done today, my only concern was the car getting stolen in the area of the chemist after I cleaned it yesterday (no-one in their right mind would have touched it before yesterday)

I've my second jab booked in a few weeks at Green Lane Mosque. I have similar concerns.

(Covid will be the least worrying thing I could catch in Small Heath.) 

The daily figures relating to new admissions, numbers in hospital and numbers on ventilators  don't seem to be updated daily like other figures, and are always a few days to a week out, however those numbers are all still very low and though there has been increases, were talking tens, nothing more.

The daily infections are rising but it just doesn't seem to be translating to serious illness.  What's really, really annoying is the numbers of idiots who are in hospital who haven't taken the vaccine.  If they weren't such dicks the numbers really would be micro and there would be no discussion to be had about opening up again.

But we definitely in my opinion have reached the stage where we've got to ignore the cases and look at the outcomes.  It's not fair for all those businesses to suffer further with low numbers getting very ill and those mainly being people who had the chance to protect themselves and didn't.

And the vaccine rollout just continues and continues, the numbers at risk reducing and reducing.  

Surely the time has come now to just get on with it.

I'm not convinced that the final openings will make that much difference now anyway.  The opening which has gone on so far have created plenty of interactions already, the last openings are really not going to fundamentally change what's happening now.   Sure there will be an uplift but nothing radically different.

• Like 3

Â