Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Why have you put vaccines in quotes? 

You can still get infected after being vaccinated. That's not how that is supposed to work. It does keep the marketing people at the pharma companies happy however. Much as has been done with the Flu "vaccine". I'm not trying to change any minds here... language is a living thing and the common usage of the term is what it is. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, El Zen said:

The use of ‘heart condition’ here is quite speculative, imo. 

Edit: page break. Posted in response to @villakram

Care to elaborate? Myocarditis is by definition a heart condition, and quite serious too if you are older much as any other malady of the heart.

4 minutes ago, villakram said:

You can still get infected after being vaccinated. That's not how that is supposed to work. It does keep the marketing people at the pharma companies happy however. Much as has been done with the Flu "vaccine". I'm not trying to change any minds here... language is a living thing and the common usage of the term is what it is. 

Vaccines prevent or reduce disease, not infection, by helping your body learn how to kill the virus. It doesn’t stop it getting into your body.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villakram said:

Care to elaborate? Myocarditis is by definition a heart condition, and quite serious too if you are older much as any other malady of the heart.

Just that ‘heart condition’ plus ‘among younger population’ seems a bit more sinister than what was actually reported. The use of the word ‘condition’ in your lead to me implied that the Pfizer vaccine could cause cronic heart disease among young people. Maybe you didn’t intend it to be read that way, but it did strike me as rather tabloid. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villakram said:

Why do you think what I’ve highlighted in bold? After all, vaccinations of many kinds don’t 100% prevent infection.

• Like 1

I got my vaccine yesterday, Not ded yet. Strangely, it's one of the things i've probably looked forward to most in my life. Which might be kinda tragic, but I don't care. I miss people. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I got my vaccine yesterday, Not ded yet. Strangely, it's one of the things i've probably looked forward to most in my life. Which might be kinda tragic, but I don't care. I miss people. 

Nice one Pizzaface. 

• Haha 2

Â