Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, Xela said:

Just the dirty diesels mainly :) 

Yep almost any petrol within about the last 14 years is ok but it has to be a fairly recent diesel.

8 hours ago, Xela said:

Just the dirty diesels mainly :) 

Not mine. Filthy merc is allowed into birmingham and bath for free. When gigs and theatre start again I will be all over that. 

Just now, Mozzavfc said:

Anyone had any issues driving after their jab?

Closest vaccine I can get is 30mins drive away

I was fine after the first till the several hours later.  Just sat in the car waiting for my 15 minutes before driving home. 

Feel fine and am about to set off. 

You either: 

(a) Get an allergic reaction within the first minute 

OR 

(b) You may or may not feel a bit shit 12 to 24 hours later

In between those two... nothing. Drive away. 

• Like 2

First jab I had it at 8.10 in the morning. Started feeling a bit iffy around 2 in the afternoon. By 4-5 I was proper rough which lasted until the next late  afternoon. 

Second jab I had at 2 yesterday and feeling absolutely fine. 

22 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

Anyone had any issues driving after their jab?

Closest vaccine I can get is 30mins drive away

I’ve helped out during AZ and Pfizer vaccination sessions. They encouraged anyone who drove/cycled to sit and wait for 10/15 mins after the AZ vaccine. For the Pfizer vaccine, everyone was expected to sit for 15 minutes afterwards regardless of whether they drove or not.

You will be fine to drive but stick to the guidelines suggested to you by those working at the centre. They will explain everything clearly. Ask one of the on-site clinical staff if you have any doubts/uncertainty. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Almost 24 hrs since jab 2 of AstraZeneca.  A very very slight ache in the arm is all. No repeat of the tirednes/headache from jab 1.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

Big story on BBC about scientists suggesting pushing back 21st June. 

Can someone please explain why if only yesterday the same BBC have been running a story about very few people with 2 doses ever landing in hospital? 

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Can someone please explain why if only yesterday the same BBC have been running a story about very few people with 2 doses ever landing in hospital? 

It’s not rocket science. The spread is now starting to ramp up again, hospital admissions lag by around 2 weeks and deaths by another 2 weeks. We are at the start of a third wave. They hope to have all over 50s jagged by 21 June. There’s then another 3 weeks for that second jag to work fully. And that’s just over 50s.

Meanwhile there’s a massive backlog of cancelled ops and treatments to catch up on.

So the risk around opening up fully on 21 June is currently high. It may become lower over the next couple of weeks, or it may not. Hence the discussion, hence the reporting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Missus still rough as ****. She’s been in bed all day . 

Have you phoned the Dr's. If you're getting reaction days later I would get it checked out. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Have you phoned the Dr's. If you're getting reaction days later I would get it checked out. 

Had paramedics out early  this afternoon believe it or not. Nothing that alarmed them. They even said it may be a bug. If she’s not much better tomorrow they told her to ring her GP 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mic09 said:

It's always the blue sky thinking scientists saying these things though. 

Government have to weigh up the ideal world v keeping the economy going and paying more furlough. Boris has been getting it in the ear from backbenchers for some time.  That pressure will be ramping up on him. 

I'm sure they expected some kind of upsurge about this time after the last set of openings.  The numbers are still low overall. 

From a purely selfish point of view I hope they do still proceed as my daughter has a school prom early July and we've already bought the dress! 

Are there certain areas doing the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines then? Not worried about the AZ, but would rather have one of the other 2 if I could. Wish the Janssen one was out, sounds the best, saves going back for a second jab.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Are there certain areas doing the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines then? Not worried about the AZ, but would rather have one of the other 2 if I could. Wish the Janssen one was out, sounds the best, saves going back for a second jab.

They were administering both the AZ and Pfizer vaccines at Sutton Town hall when I was jabbed about 6 weeks back.

Â