Generic Virus Thread

villakram

55 minutes ago, blandy said:

He did mention it last year, though today he claims he didn’t. Which pretty much is yet another indication that he’s an untrustworthy scrote. He thinks he’s Machiavelli, but he’s a second rate numpty with a blog and Laura K’s phone number.

Except, he isn't. For all the 'Barnard Castle' shit, he has been much more important than 'second rate numpty'.

Nothing will happen.

Everyone will be excited for 24 hours, and then nothing will happen.

Unless there is a rumour someone somewhere might hurt a statue, nobody gives a ****.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Nothing will happen.

Unless there is a rumour someone somewhere might hurt a statue, nobody gives a ****.

People expect it now, it will surprise nobody.

People won’t turn on Boris because for a lot of them it’s admitting Brexit was a bad idea / Boris was lying all along. 

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

People expect it now, it will surprise nobody.

People won’t turn on Boris because for a lot of them it’s admitting Brexit was a bad idea / Boris was lying all along. 

It is much, much deeper than that.

58 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Except, he isn't. For all the 'Barnard Castle' shit, he has been much more important than 'second rate numpty'.

Johnson is a third rate numpty. He’s more important than Cummins.  QED.

After months of going down the amount of people in hospital went up yesterday compared to the week before. Only by 14 but will be interesting to see if this is the start of numbers going in the other direction.  Cases have been on the rise for a while so I suppose it is expected that the amount of people in hospital and deaths will also start going up. 

40 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

After months of going down the amount of people in hospital went up yesterday compared to the week before. Only by 14 but will be interesting to see if this is the start of numbers going in the other direction.  Cases have been on the rise for a while so I suppose it is expected that the amount of people in hospital and deaths will also start going up. 

The important points are age and double vaccine to go along with the rise though. If the data is correct they will most likely be over 60 and not vaccinated and therefore shouldn’t have any impact on restrictions continuing to be lifted.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Nothing will happen.

I've been cynical plenty of times in recent months too, and I fully understand the frustration that leads to the assumption that 'nothing matters'.

That being said, I think yesterday did matter. It's not completely clear yet how important it was, and maybe it won't have many real-world implications. But for people who have relatives and friends who died, hearing somebody who was 'in the room' admit that many bad decisions were made and that the government failed them is a Big Deal, and they weren't and aren't going to hear that from Johnson or Hancock.

I think there may be a practical effect too. The big horrible elephant in the room is that the government seem to have spent the early part of the crisis planning to let the public get infected, while protecting the care homes; in reality, the *exact opposite* happened, which is why our death toll was so bad. Yesterday's testimony may have been a firing of the starting pistol on discussions about that opening, rather than being buried as we're all in crisis mode.

Hancock will be frustrated today that he has to take time out from saving lives to explain the allegation his actions and lies led to the unnecessary death of 10’s of thousands of people.

49 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Just got my first dose and I remain unable to attract magnets. This is bullshit.

I would report them, sounds like they are giving our fake vaccines to me.

So it’s back to Tiers without calling them Tiers then. Birmingham is now on the ‘Watch List’. Yeah good luck enforcing this tier nonsense after June 21st. 

55 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I would report them, sounds like they are giving our fake vaccines to me.

Well he could but I can't see the charges sticking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

So it’s back to Tiers without calling them Tiers then. Birmingham is now on the ‘Watch List’. Yeah good luck enforcing this tier nonsense after June 21st. 

And what exactly does this "Watch List" entail? Is it more restrictions or is it nothing of the sort except for closer monitoring / surge capacity for testing if required?

The only news I can find on this "Watch List" is from the Birmingham Mail which has one little quote stating the below from a Daragh Fahey (who appears to be a freelance public health physician by the way...).  He is wrong on the restrictions placed on e.g. Bolton too currently.  Don't believe everything you read in the papers. 

"You will have heard that, in certain parts of the UK such as Bolton, the government has basically introduced tier two restrictions for those cities and boroughs.  Birmingham isn’t in that situation at the moment, but we’re currently on a watch list. Now we’re way down the list in terms of that watchlist, but we’re clearly under some level of scrutiny."

Birmingham Mail

Edited by trekka

NHS Wales has confirmed that it’s target of vaccinations complete by 31st July, will now be met at some point in June.

image.thumb.jpeg.edbe67186945ee63a51855849d9d7e0b.jpeg

Meanwhile, it’s still only safe to watch football indoors in the clubhouse.

Â