Generic Virus Thread

villakram

I think this really cements my view on anything that came out of Gollum's mouth today.

Greg Clark goes again.

Q: Do you accept from the evidence you should have done more to promote the case you became convinced of earlier?

Cummings accepts that.

Q: You edited your blog to make it look better in hindsight. Is that what you are doing here?

Cummings does not accept what Clark says about his blog.

He can "not accept" whatever he likes. The evidence is there for all to see that he changed his blog to "predict" something after it happened. If he's lying about something so trivial, and so easily proven, why trust his word on literally anything else.

The man's a snake, and if there's a single truthful word he said today, it's firstly only for his own benefit, and secondly, worthless because it's impossible to sort the lies from the truth. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Yep cases is almost meaningless now.

The most vulnerable have been vaccinated and a lot of the rest have too. You'd expect the cases to increase but hospitalisations and deaths should hardly change.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

and secondly, worthless because it's impossible to sort the lies from the truth. 

Cynic in me thinks this could all still be theatre to dilute the argument against the government.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Cynic in me thinks this could all still be theatre to dilute the argument against the government.

I don't think so, Boris and Hancock would never voluntarily allow this scorched-earth testimony. I think the truth is far more simple. He has very carefully protected Sunak and Gove, and probably has his eye on a cushy, well paid gig in the future.

Do I think everything he's said is false? Nope. I reckon a lot of this lines up with exactly how I'd expect Boris to behave. But the only things I'll believe from Cummings is what he can evidence. His word has no value and cannot be trusted.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think so, Boris and Hancock would never voluntarily allow this scorched-earth testimony. I think the truth is far more simple. He has very carefully protected Sunak and Gove, and probably has his eye on a cushy, well paid gig in the future.

Do I think everything he's said is false? Nope. I reckon a lot of this lines up with exactly how I'd expect Boris to behave. But the only things I'll believe from Cummings is what he can evidence. His word has no value and cannot be trusted.

I noticed that too.

And yeah, we seem to have untrustworthy egotist accusing other untrustworthy egotists of being untrustworthy egotists. How is anybody supposed to make an informed decision on any of this?

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I noticed that too.

And yeah, we seem to have untrustworthy egotist accusing other untrustworthy egotists of being untrustworthy egotists. How is anybody supposed to make an informed decision on any of this?

No problem. Lock up the lot of them and throw away the key. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Cases will always happen as we reopen, the benefit of the vaccination drive should be that far less people are getting so ill they need to go to hospital.

It should be daily hospitalisations or a ratio of infections and hospital admissions that are tracked.

We need to see the chart of hospital admissions over the last 15 months. If it starts to shoot up rapidly then fair enough, think about doing something. If it’s staying pretty flat / easily manageable then crack on with life even if lots of people are at home with a headache and temporary loss of smell.

That's right, but I'd tweak the last point a bit. The issue with hospitalisations is they lag by a couple of weeks - by the time hozzy admo's are high, the thing is already [too] rife. Your ratio thing is a better metric, but I think a mix of the two is the best - number of infections and the ratio of admissions being very small, but as soon as that ratio starts to increase particular measures will be needed - not lockdown, but some restrictions/efforts, because we have to stay ahead of the curve, not follow it.  

• Like 1

Does anyone know what the approximate ratio was of infections to hospitalisations (pre-vaccine)?

The scientists should be able to predict fairly well now which way the curve will go.

If for example previously 2 people per 100 infections would need hospital treatment, and now it’s 0.5 we can see early on when there could be a surge before it happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Total snake, obvs.

But, if he backs up what he claims with clear evidence, then that will sort out some of what you say. I mean the Ministers are all devious snakes too. Some of what he said is clearly verifiably true from what we know already and a lot more is almost certainly true and has not been denied by those he accuses.

Not that any of it will make the slightest difference. Vaccines innit? So vote Tory*

*never vote tory 

I'd accept anything he can evidence. The rest of it is tricky. I'm sure there are grains of truth in almost all of his claims, and some are perhaps entirely truthful. I'm certain we're goiverned by people who are at least one of incompetent or malicious. But I'm not inclined to accept on his word anything that a serial liar says about events just because I despise the people he's smearing.

His word can't be trusted, his contemperaneous notes can't be trusted, and he's declined the oppurtunity to disclose evidence today, either publicly or to the committee.

Though I accept the broad themes he's talked about, my view is that all of his testimony has been delivered with a focus on a Cummings rehabilitation narrative.

Remember that trip up north while suffering from symptoms, followed by a drive to test his eyesight? Now it's because he was getting death threats. Just decided not to mention it last year, for reasons. By the way, Rishi is doing a bangup job, and Gove wasn't involved in any way.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

'

The issue with Cummings saying it, is that he, himself, always appears to be very happy with chaos as it brings about opportunities for him, too.

For Johnson it may be adoration and adulation; for Cummings it may be other things (and there might be an argument - a very sketchy one - that it's just/mainly for improvement [of systems, processes, &c.]). Either way, neither of them could give two shits about any suffering that emanates from that chaos (unless they are the ones to suffer).

Cummings is obsessed with crushing existing political structures. Everything that comes out of his mouth cannot be trusted and must be verified - he's not an impartial figure even if he's marginalised or not pointedly on a side in a debate. He's got his own aims.

• Like 1

Still no vaccine for me.  After speaking to the docs, which said 'all ok go and get the vaccine' and the vaccine centre then saying they wouldn't do it and the docs would have to do it.  The docs have yet again rearranged the appointment, so another weeks wait.  Ffs.

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Remember that trip up north while suffering from symptoms, followed by a drive to test his eyesight? Now it's because he was getting death threats. Just decided not to mention it last year, for reasons. By the way, Rishi is doing a bangup job, and Gove wasn't involved in any way.

He did mention it last year, though today he claims he didn’t. Which pretty much is yet another indication that he’s an untrustworthy scrote. He thinks he’s Machiavelli, but he’s a second rate numpty with a blog and Laura K’s phone number.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â