Generic Virus Thread

villakram

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

"Leave Boris alone. He did the best he could and nearly died from it!"

One of the things to be discussed today, if you believe the briefings from yesterday, is that Boris Johnson seriously suggested that he went on live TV and got injected with Covid by Chris Whitty, to reassure people there was nothing to worry about.

A week later the gormless **** was in ICU.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But we live in a world where nothing matters anymore. There are no consequences. 

No consequences, but a solid sequence of words removed.

5 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I was told I was getting the pfizer vaccine and then the guy pointed and said "Go and join that queue".

I joined the only queue I saw. A few minutes later he came over and said "You've joined the wrong queue, this is the astrazeneca queue. You need to go in that one."

He pointed to a wall. I said "Which queue? I can't see anyone".

He said "Oh yeah, there's no one else in it at the moment. It'll be a a queue when you stand there though"

Fair enough. Different places doing it in different ways then.

28 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The irony that someone in Poland can watch channel 4's content, but it's blocked in the UK :)

Youtube is blocked from my work computer, but that actually works! How queer!

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Back up to 3000 daily cases.

Lock it down

I know you’re kidding, but the metric needs to be changed now.

Cases will always happen as we reopen, the benefit of the vaccination drive should be that far less people are getting so ill they need to go to hospital.

It should be daily hospitalisations or a ratio of infections and hospital admissions that are tracked.

We need to see the chart of hospital admissions over the last 15 months. If it starts to shoot up rapidly then fair enough, think about doing something. If it’s staying pretty flat / easily manageable then crack on with life even if lots of people are at home with a headache and temporary loss of smell.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 3

Â