Generic Virus Thread

villakram

The number of second doses has not topped a million and the numbers of second doses issued each day are increasing exponentially.  Yesterday was 70,206, almost double what they were doing last week.   

People now aged 56 and above can book a vaccine online, not been announced publically but it is on the website.

They've shortened the age band by a year meaning I have to wait until the last day of the month - Grrrrrrrrrrr!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, El Zen said:

The vaccination process in Norway is going very slowly it feels like. Due to pick up drastically after easter, though, but for now we are seeing spikes in cases and hospitalisations, and likely increased nationwide restrictions rather than opening back up. I’ve said it before, but it’s really f***ing depressing that this is all we’ve got a full year into this crap. Norway closed on March 12th 2020. That’s a week from a year ago. 

It's a **** joke to be honest. Locked down for a year for a virus, although dangerous, does not justify such heavy handed and long restrictions. Completely failure of governance all round. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Anyone know which vaccine they have at Edgbaston Cricket ground?  It appears I am now on the booking site, I assume because of Diabetes. 

I would rather Pfizer I think as it's been tested as reasonably effective against the newer variants. I'm not sure that's entirely been tested by AZ yet? 

Just now, sidcow said:

Anyone know which vaccine they have at Edgbaston Cricket ground?  It appears I am now on the booking site, I assume because of Diabetes. 

I would rather Pfizer I think as it's been tested as reasonably effective against the newer variants. I'm not sure that's entirely been tested by AZ yet? 

Your chances of getting Pfizer at this stage are slim I reckon

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

People a few weeks back near me were getting Pfizer, now giving Oxford AZ.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Anyone go to Villa Park? They seem to have more/earlier appointments there.  

How long did it take? 

About 90 minutes plus a bit of extra time I heard. 

(sorry)

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Surprised by your wait times. I had mine done at a local hotel, and I walked in at the appointed time, was jabbed and out again. No waiting at all. Discounting the unnecessary 'wait for reaction' afterwards, the whole thing was done and dusted in five minutes, tops. 

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Surprised by your wait times. I had mine done at a local hotel, and I walked in at the appointed time, was jabbed and out again. No waiting at all. Discounting the unnecessary 'wait for reaction' afterwards, the whole thing was done and dusted in five minutes, tops. 

Did you miss @trekka’s joke?

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

Did you miss @trekka’s joke?

Oops, yes I did. In my defence, I have seen some FB posts today showing long queues for the jab, which was why I initially took it at face value. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Oops, yes I did. In my defence, I have seen some FB posts today showing long queues for the jab, which was why I initially took it at face value. 

It was a bad joke to be fair :)

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It looks like @rjw63and @Holte_end_hero@holteendherohave used Villa Park vaccination centre.  Can you guys comment on the organisation / wait times?

Yes, took the wife and we were in and out in less than 20 minutes.

Very well organised.

Got to go myself next week.

• Thanks 1

I was in and out at Villa park within 25 mins, that includes a 15 minute wait after the jab and having to give my details twice due to the first person not saving them correctly. Really well organised and laid out and enough bays to do 30 injections at a time. Lots of good cleaning practices in place as well. 

The wife seems to be unlucky with her side effects, the sickness and stuff only lasted the 1 day but her arm is still really sore and tender. It’s very red around the injection site (about the size of a 50p). 

Â