Generic Virus Thread

villakram

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

Also, Germany formally changes its mind and is now giving AZ vaccine to over 65’s

"Hey, you know that vaccine we said was sh*t ? You're not gonna believe this!"

Edited by darrenm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, av1 said:

Similar story with my missues, which suprised me a little. Her sister said that she was made to wait 20mins after the jab to ensure she had no adverse reaction to it. 

My parents volunteered at a vaccine centre last week. 
They were told the 15/20 min wait after is for the Pfizer jab as some people can react to it. 
Apparently, with the Oxford one you don’t have to wait after.

The vaccination process in Norway is going very slowly it feels like. Due to pick up drastically after easter, though, but for now we are seeing spikes in cases and hospitalisations, and likely increased nationwide restrictions rather than opening back up. I’ve said it before, but it’s really f***ing depressing that this is all we’ve got a full year into this crap. Norway closed on March 12th 2020. That’s a week from a year ago. 

• Sad 2

On 04/03/2021 at 18:10, AndyClarke said:

I had to wait 15 minutes after mine, no allergies and driving. I gather that is Pfizer rules, presumably not required for AZ.

This is also my understanding. The missus had Pfizer and was asked to wait 15-20 mins (I forget which)

My wife has been feeling rotten all day today after having the Oxford AZ hab yesterday. Her colleague who also had hers yesterday said the same.

Hopefully tomorrow she’s over the side affects.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

My wife has been feeling rotten all day today after having the Oxford AZ hab yesterday. Her colleague who also had hers yesterday said the same.

Hopefully tomorrow she’s over the side affects.

Has she had the virus?

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Has she had the virus?

Don’t think so...

She suspected she might have right at the beginning as she had a really tight chest for a few days but tbh I don’t think it was Covid (it’s possible though).

Just now, Genie said:

Don’t think so...

She suspected she might have right at the beginning as she had a really tight chest for a few days but tbh I don’t think it was Covid (it’s possible though).

Annecdotally. it's being said that if you've had the virus the side effects of the AZ vaccine are worse, also that the second dose makes you feel worse than the first if you haven't had it. It certainly stands up to the tales I've heard from most people who've had it

The brighter note is that this rarely lasts more than a day.

My mate who had Covid quite bad (Hospitalised) was wiped out for a day by the vaccine but was fighting fit the next morning

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

Annecdotally. it's being said that if you've had the virus the side effects of the AZ vaccine are worse, also that the second dose makes you feel worse than the first if you haven't had it. It certainly stands up to the tales I've heard from most people who've had it

My mate who had Covid quite bad (Hospitalised) was wiped out for a day by the vaccine but was fighting fit the next morning

Cheers for the info, good to know.

15 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

You've never read the 90's French school textbook Tricolore where everyone was from La Rochelle?

Same thing but it was Eclaire for me with a robot called PMF (pumf)

38 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

You've never read the 90's French school textbook Tricolore where everyone was from La Rochelle?

Je m'appelle Claude

I think those textbooks were produced in the 70's. Every picture in it had people in flairs standing next to a Renault 4 or Citroen 2CV!

40 minutes ago, Xela said:

Je m'appelle Claude

I think those textbooks were produced in the 70's. Every picture in it had people in flairs standing next to a Renault 4 or Citroen 2CV!

Pretty sure that’s just what France looks like innit 

13 hours ago, bickster said:

I'm better than 90% convinced I had Covid in early Feb last year. I've had the AZ vaccine and had no reactions at all. Obviously that's long enough ago that if there is a causal relationship it might be time limited.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I felt fine after my second dose on Thursday. Then on Friday I crashed completely. My whole body ached felt extremely fatty-gayed. Lasted 24 hours.

Fatigued 

lUDljQ7.gif

Â