Generic Virus Thread

villakram

It's funny, I look at 224,996 vaccines today and feel disappointed. Yet when you think about it, it's still just under a quarter of a million in a single day. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It's funny, I look at 224,996 vaccines today and feel disappointed. Yet when you think about it, it's still just under a quarter of a million in a single day. 

Though it's also not much more than two hundred thousand. :D

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

People act differently after they are vaccinated, and 'the rules' will end up catching up with what people are doing anyway . . .

So we blamed the youth last year and now the elderly this year right?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

People act differently after they are vaccinated, and 'the rules' will end up catching up with what people are doing anyway . . .

Doesn’t say if they were also doing it before they were vaccinated to be able to say people act differently post vaccine?

It suggests they are breaking the rules/law but might not be necessarily. My grandparents for example had a new boiler fitted 2 weeks ago. They also had someone in to fix a broken socket. 

Edited by Genie

Very sobering moment today. My colleague and I walked into the surgery to have our second dose. She, at that very moment, received a phone call to say her father in law had died from Covid.

The good news, personally, is that I'm fully dosed up with the Moderna vaccine. I'll have to wait a few days to receive a certificate from my GP.

• Sad 4

I had the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine yesterday. 

Woke up this morning and feel like I did when I had the flu-jab a few years ago. Nothing major, but quite achey across my arms, back and neck - kind of like that feeling when you have a bad cold coming, but without the other symptoms. 

Good excuse for a day off work.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So we blamed the youth last year and now the elderly this year right?

I think I'm mostly just happy that people might kind of force reopening faster than the schedule just by behaviour change, rather than looking to 'blame' anyone as such.

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Doesn’t say if they were also doing it before they were vaccinated to be able to say people act differently post vaccine?

It suggests they are breaking the rules/law but might not be necessarily. My grandparents for example had a new boiler fitted 2 weeks ago. They also had someone in to fix a broken socket. 

I think there's data - although admittedly I don't have it to hand - of 'contacts' previously, suggesting that this is a significant increase. I'll have a look for it later.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Just back from taking my wife for her vaccine. Immensely efficient. She got out the car at 16:24 and then at 16:29 she emerged from the side door of the surgery. 

Similar story with my missues, which suprised me a little. Her sister said that she was made to wait 20mins after the jab to ensure she had no adverse reaction to it. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Similar story with my missues, which suprised me a little. Her sister said that she was made to wait 20mins after the jab to ensure she had no adverse reaction to it. 

If you’re driving yourself you have to wait longer in the surgery. As my wife wasn’t they asked her go just wait in the car for 5 minutes before leaving. 

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

If you’re driving yourself you have to wait longer in the surgery. As my wife wasn’t they asked her go just wait in the car for 5 minutes before leaving. 

It was the exact opposite with us mate. Her sister who was made to wait 20mins doesn't drive, and my missues who was alone and drove was in and out. 

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

It was the exact opposite with us mate. Her sister who was made to wait 20mins doesn't drive, and my missues who was alone and drove was in and out. 

That’s weird! 

57 minutes ago, av1 said:

How did she answer the question about having had any past  allergic reactions? That might be cause to wait in case there is a reaction.

Just now, AndyClarke said:

I had to wait 15 minutes after mine, no allergies and driving. I gather that is Pfizer rules, presumably not required for AZ.

I had AZ, and I was 'advised' to give it 15 mins before driving - but the guy added that tbh if you're going to get an allergic reaction it would probably be in the first minute. 

In other news, my wife has still not had a letter, but - as suggested in this thread - she went through the website and got an appointment for March 19th. So thank you, VT. 

• Like 3

Link

The Italian government has blocked the export of an Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine shipment to Australia.

The decision affects 250,000 doses of the vaccine produced at an AstraZeneca facility in Italy.

Italy is the first EU country to use the bloc's new regulations allowing exports to be stopped if the company providing the vaccines has failed to meet its obligations to the EU.

The move has been backed by the European Commission, reports say.

Â