Generic Virus Thread

villakram

6 hours ago, coda said:

What about the sodding barbers? My barnet is beginning to resemble Tim Martin's.

13 months without a haircut for me. I didn't bother when they reopened in the summer. 

I quite like my flowing locks now :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Full kudos to the guy with his belly out who has somehow ended up on the ground but kept his beer upright

Boozer's gyroscope. My proudest moment was when I fell arse over tit down a grassy bank in a pub beer garden (the Rose and Crown in Beckley, East Sussex, if anybody's interested) with an almost full pint, and didn't spill a drop. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I wonder if that was a consideration?

Could have been. Friday night, London, 85k fans.... loads travelling down on trains from Scotland. 

Did they announce what will happen to the self-isolation requirements and the contact-tracing data requirements?

Will they also lapse when the legal restrictions over social contact are due to end or will everyone still be expected to give all of their contact details as per last year for pubs/restaurants/events and be required by law to self-isolate (even if they've had it or have been vaccinated)?

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Boozer's gyroscope. My proudest moment was when I fell arse over tit down a grassy bank in a pub beer garden (the Rose and Crown in Beckley, East Sussex, if anybody's interested) with an almost full pint, and didn't spill a drop. 

Leeds Festival something like 2012. Wife is walking alongside me holding a full pint. It was her last, so to speak. She falls flat face to ground. Not a single drop spilled. She is a keeper in all senses if the word. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Could have been. Friday night, London, 85k fans.... loads travelling down on trains from Scotland. 

Could easily be 250,000 in the city for the match alone, another Rangers in Manchester 2008.

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Whats are peoples thoughts. I like a lot of people have been WFH since March 18th. Is this likely to end on June 21st? I know mileage might cary but what is the gut feeling?

We’ve been told we won’t be going back to working in the office every day like before. I expect something like 2/3 in 2/3 out.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

We’ve been told we won’t be going back to working in the office every day like before. I expect something like 2/3 in 2/3 out.

My feeling for me is a day or two in the office. My employer seem to have embraced home working. 

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Whats are peoples thoughts. I like a lot of people have been WFH since March 18th. Is this likely to end on June 21st? I know mileage might cary but what is the gut feeling?

My company is keen to make the most of the sweeping changes that have happened in the last year. 85% of people want a flexible hybrid of WFH and office. I think we’ll get that too. I’m happy to stay at home but just go in for face to face meetings once a week. The cost saving from hotels, travel, fuel, canteen etc... have been huge for us. 

WFH with occasional meetings in shared spaces and the odd social will be the new model at my place.

Required attendance more than one day a week, two at a push will be a reason to not stay in the job tbh. I couldn't WFH forever, I miss the social side, but I will never go back to 3+ days a week commuting, and my drive is less than half an hour each way, I can't imagine being one of those lunatics who drives an hour+ each way 5 days a week.

• Like 3

Just now, Davkaus said:

WFH with occasional meetings in shared spaces and the odd social will be the new model at my place.

Required attendance more than one day a week, two at a push will be a reason to not stay in the job tbh. I couldn't WFH forever, I miss the social side, but I will never go back to 3+ days a week commuting, and my drive is less than half an hour each way, I can't imagine being one of those lunatics who drives an hour+ each way 5 days a week.

I’m 42 miles from the office. About 45 minutes in the morning, 60-80 in the afternoon. 
I certainly won’t be doing that 5 days a week again.

Â