Jump to content
villakram

Generic Virus Thread

Recommended Posts

It is a different kind of weekend vibe now though - waking up knowing there is no sport on, you probably shouldn’t go out much and you’re a test subject in a Government science experiment. 

It’ll take a bit of getting used to I think. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need Agent Orange to hurry up and add us to his travel ban, trying to unravel our holiday is proving to be problematic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Need Agent Orange to hurry up and add us to his travel ban, trying to unravel our holiday is proving to be problematic. 

In exactly the same position also. Hoping this comes in the next few hours/days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I went into Sainsburys in Mere Green earlier and I could not believe the amount of old people that were out and about and I mean in some instances really old. Most shocking though was seeing a really old guy on sticks, with his elderly wife and what I imagine was their middle aged daughter. Why are these really vulnerable people out. Why aren't relatives, friends, neighbours making sure they stay in and doing their shopping for them and not as I saw taking them along.

I don't feel the penny has dropped for many in this country and I think that comes from lack of action by Government. Aside from asking people to wash their hands more there has been zero action. Old people should have been advised to stay in, not simply not go on a cruise ship, and others should be being told to do their shopping etc for them. 

This is literally life or death for many and our inaction is shocking.

I was there on Thursday and like you I was gobsmacked by just how busy it was with 90% of the shoppers being elderly. There was one guy who was coughing continuously, could be a variety of reasons as to why that probably isn’t related to this but it really put me at unease. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair few people in Aldi today getting told to put things like toilet paper and kids nappies back as they were trying to buy too many.

 

Woman in the queue was rummaging through her purse, she takes a £5 note out and puts it in her mouth while she counts the rest of her money. Some people just won't change their bad/poor hygiene habits.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I went into Sainsburys in Mere Green earlier and I could not believe the amount of old people that were out and about and I mean in some instances really old. Most shocking though was seeing a really old guy on sticks, with his elderly wife and what I imagine was their middle aged daughter. Why are these really vulnerable people out. Why aren't relatives, friends, neighbours making sure they stay in and doing their shopping for them and not as I saw taking them along.

I don't feel the penny has dropped for many in this country and I think that comes from lack of action by Government. Aside from asking people to wash their hands more there has been zero action. Old people should have been advised to stay in, not simply not go on a cruise ship, and others should be being told to do their shopping etc for them. 

This is literally life or death for many and our inaction is shocking.

The inaction from the government is absolutely shocking/embarrassing. Their silence is deafening. 

I’m not one of the people looking for any old stick to beat them with either, it’s genuinely been poor. They should have cancelled all sports events, mass gatherings, closed schools and advised people not to leave their home. What’s the point in doing that in 5 days time which is what they will do anyway?

Lost a lot of respect for the government over this. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Xela said:

2joslsiy.npt.jpg

Sorry ;) 

Absolute shower of words removed :D

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Don't want to brag or anything but might have 2 shits today. 

You tease :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Need Agent Orange to hurry up and add us to his travel ban, trying to unravel our holiday is proving to be problematic. 

He's basically just said it'll happen on Monday.  Doing a press conference in a suit and baseball cap, he must have been too ill to spend the hours getting his hairdo done.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leighavfc said:

Travel ban for US extended to UK and Ireland

Basically, somebody has explained to him that Europe isn’t a country and you can get a train from Europe to Heathrow.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The inaction from the government is absolutely shocking/embarrassing. Their silence is deafening. 

I’m not one of the people looking for any old stick to beat them with either, it’s genuinely been poor. They should have cancelled all sports events, mass gatherings, closed schools and advised people not to leave their home. What’s the point in doing that in 5 days time which is what they will do anyway?

Lost a lot of respect for the government over this. 

More worrying for me ..is the confidence in the government going:-

The govt stated there was no point cancelling sporting events.

Yet on Friday event after event was cancelled by the organisers - before the govt sort of admitted defeat....

There hasn't even been a calm down message .....

The idea of bringing retired doctors back / fasting tracking part qualified doctors - remains just a vague idea - zero implementation !

There is next to nothing coming from central govt ....they seem to have left to people lower down to make decisions / take action ..

I wonder if they don't do anything they feel they will get less blame....

Wash your hands more often

..and if you're over 70 don't go on a cruise...

....that's our emergency peacetime planning.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how many over 70’s have looked at the ‘advice’ and decided that there’s no problem, they weren’t going on a cruise anyway so they can just carry on as normal. I reckon a lot of them will take the stance that it’s all a load of fuss over nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

1035723120_WhatsAppImage2020-03-14at08_4

The government have been telling people to cough into their elbows during this. I think the toilet paper shortage might confirm the fact that many people out there don’t know their arse from their elbows.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â