Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, obviously after 60 illness and general age related issues must start to bite. 

More interesting to me is the low numbers in the under 25s.  And both my kids fall into the 15-19 figures which is the lowest on record.  I fall into the 50-54 group, the highest on record.  We were the children of the baby boomers so I guess that's why there are a lot of us. 

But it shows the difficulties this country will face in the future when my generation are geriatrics, there is going to be a hell of a lot of care needed and not many taxpayers to pay for it. 

I saw in the news that this year the UK population has contracted for the first year since WW2.  That's probably going to accelerate unless the birth rate picks up,  but that small group in currently 15-19 are going to be the next set of baby makers and their ain't many of them! 

We could always encourage the young to come and settle here from other countries.

Oh...

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Anyone had the vaccine yet?

My wife had it last Monday. Pfizer. Pretty much everyone who works at BCH is getting it because they could all potentially go on a ward. I think it's the same for the QE, all of their staff are getting it too. I suspect it will be the same across many trusts and hospitals; quietly vaccinating all staff.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, darrenm said:

My wife had it last Monday. Pfizer. Pretty much everyone who works at BCH is getting it because they could all potentially go on a ward. I think it's the same for the QE, all of their staff are getting it too. I suspect it will be the same across many trusts and hospitals; quietly vaccinating all staff.

The main reason they are talking about going 24hrs on the big centres is to allow NHS staff to get jabbed after their shifts. So they say anyway. 

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

24 hours does seem a bit excessive. 6am to 10pm would be alright wouldn’t it?

Why? The NHS is 24 hour, if the doses are available and people are willing to go to an appointment why stop at 10pm? I mean I know that’s when COVID comes out which is why it’s when the pubs shut..... but why not do 24 hour?

There is both a health and financial need for this vaccine roll out to be hitting 2m a week, despite impressive increases in recent days they are still a very long way from their own target.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Why? The NHS is 24 hour, if the doses are available and people are willing to go to an appointment why stop at 10pm? I mean I know that’s when COVID comes out which is why it’s when the pubs shut..... but why not do 24 hour?

There is both a health and financial need for this vaccine roll out to be hitting 2m a week, despite impressive increases in recent days they are still a very long way from their own target.

I expect if there are enough sites then you could get everybody vaccinated 06:00 - 22:00 each day. Keeping them open through the night for a handful of vaccinations seems inefficient to me.

325,000 vaccines done the other day before the opening of the super sites so 2m a week is easily achievable.

Covid Test sites I’ve seen close at 8pm and I don’t see that as a problem. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I expect if there are enough sites then you could get everybody vaccinated 06:00 - 22:00 each day. Keeping them open through the night for a handful of vaccinations seems inefficient to me.

325,000 vaccines done the other day before the opening of the super sites so 2m a week is easily achievable.

Covid Test sites I’ve seen close at 8pm and I don’t see that as a problem. 

How is it 'inefficient' ? 🤨

Just now, MCU said:

How is it 'inefficient' ? 🤨

Keeping a site open and staffed through the night, every night when there will be very little to do.

If there’s enough sites (which is sounds like there will be loads) then it won’t be necessary.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

The main reason they are talking about going 24hrs on the big centres is to allow NHS staff to get jabbed after their shifts. So they say anyway.

NHS Staff you say, travel miles away after work you say, seems a bit f***ing stupid when they probably work somewhere, you know, with a building full of people trained in giving people injections

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Keeping a site open and staffed through the night, every night when there will be very little to do.

If there’s enough sites (which is sounds like there will be loads) then it won’t be necessary.

Each adult, 2 doses per adult. There would be enough to do. 

Â