Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Looks like my brother has it. He’s a paramedic and visited a covid denier last week who was very ill but it deffo wasn’t the virus as it doesn’t exist. Now my bro has the symptoms and is awaiting his results. 
If it comes back positive, my piss will 100% be boiled. 

Edited by choffer
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think the issue is making it compulsory / legal. It would cause all kinds of issues. 

Fair enough. That’s different I agree. 

I just can’t quite fathom why you wouldn’t have it. You have injections when you’re born, when you go to certain countries etc. 

Edited by MCU

Just now, MCU said:

Fair enough. That’s different I agree. 

I just can’t quite fathom why you wouldn’t have it. You have injections when you’re born, when you go to certain countries etc. 

Also, in before ‘if you have the injection then I don’t need it’.

Some people will not want it, as they’ll believe to their core it’s not for them. I don’t think strapping them down and forcing it into them is an option.

13 minutes ago, MCU said:

Why wouldn’t you have it?

Wrong question - though to answer it: depending upon the particular vaccine - if you're pregnant, if you're immuno-compromised, perhaps people with a history of severe allergic reactions, &c. (I think those are some of the points raised by the MHRA)?

Edit: My response was about compulsory vaccination programs (or even 'encouragment' as euphemistically phrased by previous posters).

Edited by snowychap

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Some people will not want it, as they’ll believe to their core it’s not for them. I don’t think strapping them down and forcing it into them is an option.

Didn’t say anything about forcing the vaccine into anyone, but for those individuals what’s the thinking process/resolution going forward in life? 

3 minutes ago, MCU said:

Didn’t say anything about forcing the vaccine into anyone, but for those individuals what’s the thinking process/resolution going forward in life? 

From what I can tell the response from these people seems to be “I’m fit and young so I’ll take my chances with the virus rather take a vaccine I know nothing about. But because I’m a bit thick and love conspiracies I need everyone to know I’m not a sheep so I’ll, ironically, follow the conspiracy theorists into proudly not having it. Stick it to the man, their plan all along is to control us and I won’t be controlled etc etc.”

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MCU said:

There are all sorts of possible reasons why someone may not choose to have a vaccination; there are all sorts or reasons why someone may be advised by the likes of the MHRA not to have a vaccination; there are all sorts of reasons why someone may not have a vaccination (if there's a strict - you don't turn up, you don't get as has been suggested).

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

From what I can tell the response from these people seems to be “I’m fit and young so I’ll take my chances with the virus rather take a vaccine I know nothing about. But because I’m a bit thick and love conspiracies I need everyone to know I’m not a sheep so I’ll, ironically, follow the conspiracy theorists into proudly not having it. Stick it to the man, their plan all along is to control us and I won’t be controlled etc etc.”

Not everyone who doesn't want (immediately), doesn't accept (when offered), doesn't have (at all) a vaccination is part of the group of 'these people' that you characterize above.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Not everyone who doesn't want (immediately), doesn't accept (when offered), doesn't have (at all) a vaccination is part of the group of 'these people' that you characterize above.

Yes, I agree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

Apologies for the vehemence of my response.

No need to apologise, your reply was absolutely spot on. There will be a lot of people for whom it would not be appropriate to have the vaccine, I’d forgotten about them tbh.
I was just thinking about “other” part of the population that see not having the vaccine as something they must broadcast to anyone who will listen because they have “done their research”.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, choffer said:

Looks like my brother has it. He’s a paramedic and visited a covid denier last week who was very ill but it deffo wasn’t the virus as it doesn’t exist. Now my bro has the symptoms and is awaiting his results. 
If it comes back positive, my piss will 100% be boiled. 

My mate who has been an anti-masker and not taken it seriously just sent me a photo of him in hospital with covid after being picked up by ambulance.  I'm not sure if I should be angry with him or the people who peddle this shit on social media.  Probably him.

3 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Today I’m not feeling too bad. ✌️

Breathing is off but not as bad (yet) as the stories which struck fear into me. 

I'm sure you're doing this anyway, but keep taking it easy, don't try to do anything much at all for a couple of weeks. You hear so many stories of people who thought they were doing fine/better, and then it suddenly hits them harder later on.

• Thanks 1

Â