Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Wife and I (both 51) were due for our second dose on 31st May (11 weeks after first dose) but this morning had texts urging us to rebook as early as possible. We are now booked for our second dose tomorrow morning.

• Like 4

As I said, my surgery was doing first-come-first-served jabs today, 4 hours I was in the queue in the pissing rain.  Still worth it, though I suspect I probably would have got the call this week anyway.  My mate who is the same age didn't want to queue so it'll be interesting to see when he gets called up.

5 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Is there anyone on here older than me (37) who hasn’t had their first jab? Starting to feel a bit left out...

Getting mine tomorrow morning (39).

Matt Hancock said earlier that 35 and overs would be invited for vaccines this week.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, brommy said:

There were spare Pfizer doses in Bromsgrove on Thursday and Friday so after invitation texts from their GP,  my son (23) and daughter (21) had their first doses last Friday.

I'll admit that in January, I really didn’t think that by mid May, me and the wife would have had both doses and our kids one dose each.

A massive credit to the NHS and the volunteers who have made it possible.

That is a very good point about the NHS and volunteers.

Was really impressed today about the time people had given up to help out and was so well organised. There are some good people out there.

• Like 1

My appointment was 10 which I think is the start of the day. It was really busy, but by the time I’d been through, waited 15 minutes etc it had settled down.

The car park was also very full.

My tip for anyone booking this week at Millennium point would be to look at 10:30 onwards so that the initial rush is in and out of the way.

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Covid good news are reporting from tomorrow 35 years old and up can book their jab. 

Probably means you can already book as they tend to unlock the website the night before…

31 minutes ago, blandy said:

The NHS app on my phone has updated and shows a bar code QR square thingy for Travel vaccine status, which is nice.

Israel is lovely at this time of year.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

The NHS app on my phone has updated and shows a bar code QR square thingy for Travel vaccine status, which is nice.

I don't have this in either the NHS Covid app nor the NHS app.

Odd.

21 minutes ago, limpid said:

I don't have this in either the NHS Covid app nor the NHS app.

Odd.

18 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Neither do I and only downloaded the NHS app cos of what @blandysaid

You have to have done the thing where you link it to your NHS login and allow it to access your medical data. That happens (from memory) via taking you through a process on the NHS website. It takes a few hours to then have the full functionality, IIRC. If you’ve just downloaded the app, then you’ll need to do that.

once all that’s done you can see in the app (I’ve deliberately obscured some of the screen in the grab below.FC7D18B2-8642-4EC6-8E42-E981ED1D6530.jpeg

14 minutes ago, blandy said:

You have to have done the thing where you link it to your NHS login and allow it to access your medical data. That happens (from memory) via taking you through a process on the NHS website. It takes a few hours to then have the full functionality, IIRC. If you’ve just downloaded the app, then you’ll need to do that.

once all that’s done you can see in the app (I’ve deliberately obscured some of the screen in the grab below.

I've had the NHS app linked for ages. I can see on my medical record on it that I've had two jabs, but no QR code.

I'm sure it'll pop up at some point.

Â