Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, blandy said:

I don’t think it’s timing, or unrelated. It seems to be directly related, but extremely rare from the medical evidence. Something about blood platelets in some people, like 1 in 600,000 being affected by the vaccine, and of those tiny number of people affected an even fewer number have died. And it’s all the vaccines, not just one type of COVID jab.

I think you are right and that it is related to the vaccine. If it is 1 in 600k being affected and 1 in a million+ who die from it then that is still not bad odds is it. I am not sure the figure of those that get covid who go on to die but it is going to be a hell of a lot more than 1 in a million+.

I would not be in the least surprised if as time goes on more side effects, some very serious and deadly, emerge that affect a tiny percentage of people just as with all vaccines/medication. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

About 4 or 5 people a day die in road accidents in the UK.

Risk and perception of risk, is fascinating. 

But how many of them have been vaccinated?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

But is it caused by the vaccines?

Indications are that it is. I stress the numbers are tiny, but there appears to be, according to medics, more than a co-incidental link. It's not proven yet, but the likelihood is there is a link - because seeing the same consequence in one population (e.g. Germany) might be co-incidence along the lines people have suggested in this thread. But when the same thing occurs in other countries (Norway, Canada, UK, etc.) it is strongly likely to be related to the vaccine. There may be a small subset of the human race who have a particular make-up which makes them susceptible to blood clotting as a side effect of being vaccinated.

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I am not sure the figure of those that get covid who go on to die but it is going to be a hell of a lot more than 1 in a million+.

Something like 1860 per million population.

Well with around 150,000 covid deaths in the UK, 150,000/68 million =0.2% of the population, and in terms of deaths v confirmed cases it's around 3.8% death rate - the 1860 per million is I think based on an estimate that twice as many people have had the virus as have actually been tested and confirmed positive (obviously testing was not available in the early part of the pandemic).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Not long ago over 1,800 people were dying every day in the UK alone from the virus. It should put the 7 in 18,000,000 into context.

Yes but demographics make a difference. It is overwhelmingly the elderly that die from Covid but the blood clots have been killing young people. That is going to make some young people think twice about whether it’s better to risk the virus than the vaccine.  

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

Some short ugly bald bloke keeps borrowing it

Wonder if he knows the short fat hairy bloke who keeps borrowing my car?! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I think you are right and that it is related to the vaccine. If it is 1 in 600k being affected and 1 in a million+ who die from it then that is still not bad odds is it. I am not sure the figure of those that get covid who go on to die but it is going to be a hell of a lot more than 1 in a million+.

I would not be in the least surprised if as time goes on more side effects, some very serious and deadly, emerge that affect a tiny percentage of people just as with all vaccines/medication. 

Yep, and the AZ vaccine does seem to be the one that is most at the centre of these incidents.

However, the truth is that as it is clearly saving so many more lives that there is no real justification for stopping the vaccinations. But I think it's still well worth investigating in case a link can be found and maybe alternative advice given for those that are at risk of being affected. I hope that it continues to be investigated, in case lives can be saved.

• Like 1

I think people are looking for figures in shadows where they aren’t there with regards AZ at the moment. Every negative if the person had that vaccine then clearly its linked. We have had it for weeks on here, articles posted without comment, Scandinavian correspondent posting about blood clots. It is what it is though. 

Â