Generic Virus Thread

villakram

8 hours ago, Genie said:

You can see why Burtons is struggling nowadays

My jeans are from Burtons :(

Spoiler

The joys of lycra in denim now. I can kid myself I haven't become even more of a biffer.

So we are seeing the % for hospital admissions and deaths reduced for under 70's who have had initial injection 

Anyone aware if the same % study has been carried on the Clinically Extremely Vulnerable with underlying conditions with regards to hospital admissions and deaths? 

30 minutes ago, slowandlow said:

Seems to be pot luck tbh. If you get tipped off at the right time or phone up on the off chance and get lucky you seem to be able to get the vaccine irrespective of the various levels/cohorts 

Hmm. I would wonder whether having potentially millions of people phoning GPs' surgeries on the off-chance they might be able to jump the queue is the best use of their resources. 

43 minutes ago, Straggler said:

My wife with (48) with long diagnosed pretty heavy asthma hasn't been invited for her jab yet, some areas probably going faster than others...

And mine (63), cancer survivor with rheumatoid arthritis (hence immune-suppressant drugs), also not heard a thing. 

16 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Hmm. I would wonder whether having potentially millions of people phoning GPs' surgeries on the off-chance they might be able to jump the queue is the best use of their resources. 

I agree with you. Seems a bit haphazard.

My wife could only book next Thursday (they lad lots of slots). Supports the theory that different doctors surgery’s have different days allocated to them at the vaccination centre.

It could be my wife’s doctors surgery is well down the list of their patients now. Whereas the surgery next door has much more older people still to clear.

53 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Couldn't through to my GP before the Pandemic, can't imagine that's changed much

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kingman said:

Does this mean that I don’t need to receive a letter to book a vaccination (I don’t live where I’m registered, or even in the country, and probably can’t get a letter from there), but that a letter should let me know when I’m eligible to book?

On 12/02/2021 at 13:20, darrenm said:

Assuming the deaths keep reducing in a linear fashion (they seem to be) then we should be down to very few in the first week in March.

That all depends on if the reduction slows due to mutations spreading etc. But I can see the 8th March back to school being a bit of a lockdown reduction fanfare too.

image.png.22b94a093d89138cbbf8bc1d0ba2992d.png

The above chart was done with data up until 4th Feb. The projected date of reaching zero daily deaths was 6th March. 

This is how it's actually happened. I can't get over how linear it is and how close to the original trend line it is. It's come forward a couple of days which means the rate of decrease is speeding up.

image.thumb.png.e8aaf63e92b0c02ec703f8e2f9a5529b.png

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, darrenm said:

The above chart was done with data up until 4th Feb. The projected date of reaching zero daily deaths was 6th March. 

This is how it's actually happened. I can't get over how linear it is and how close to the original trend line it is. It's come forward a couple of days which means the rate of decrease is speeding up.

image.thumb.png.e8aaf63e92b0c02ec703f8e2f9a5529b.png

I'm confused. The graph shows deaths below 200 already but we were at 323 today? 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â