Generic Virus Thread

villakram

43 minutes ago, bickster said:

Liverpool last night.... not Scousers though... students!

I saw the news at 10 last night the streets deserted and the expected last hurrah of drinkers didn’t happen. Was this very Late?

Edit: it looks like it was earlier in the evening. I’m surprised the news at 10 decided against reporting it.

Edited by Genie

@bickster I think it may have been you that mentioned it a few months back,

I want to make a complaint with my dangerously incompetent GP practice but are getting know where

Is it the Care Quality Commission (CQC) I would need to contact or another Governing Body? Cheers 

Just now, Kingman said:

I want to make a complaint with my dangerously incompetent GP practice but are getting know where

Is it the Care Quality Commission (CQC) I would need to contact or another Governing Body? Cheers 

My wife has been trying to find out the results of her blood tests for 2 weeks. The phone goes to a recorded message that says they are busy and then they line goes dead, no option to leave a message.

Hopefully there’s nothing serious in there that will cause her, or other people in the same boat, to be added to the excess deaths stat.

13 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I nearly posted this last night, but found it too depressing. I just don't see the argument for what they are doing here. 'Reporters need to report what's happening, they place it in context in places other than Twitter like broadcasts and columns' - well then maybe it doesn't belong on Twitter? And I hate how they all use the word 'source'. If Cummings tells you a quote you can use in the WhatsApp group, it's hardly a 'source' is it. Just an announcement that he (or whoever) can't be arsed to put their name to.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Yep, the CQC would be the correct regulatory and inspection body to contact for your GP

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Liverpool last night.... not Scousers though... students!

If this is how they behaving anyone suprised they in lockdown? I feel sorry for the ones that live there that are abiding the rules

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

If this is how they behaving anyone suprised they in lockdown? I feel sorry for the ones that live there that are abiding the rules

Dem, these are students, it's a Tuesday night in Concert Square. Students, they've only  been here a few weeks

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Dem, these are students, it's a Tuesday night in Concert Square. Students, they've only  been here a few weeks

They should be identified from the footage and thrown out of their university. Absolutely no excuse for that behaviour, in a pandemic, in an area in crisis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

They should be identified from the footage and thrown out of their university. Absolutely no excuse for that behaviour, in a pandemic, in an area in crisis.

I don't think the universities could afford to lose the fees.

• Like 1

Used coronavirus swab tests were accidentally given out to households in Birmingham, council officials said.

Birmingham City Council said about 25 kits were given out by mistake in the student area of Selly Oak as part of its "drop-and-collect" service.

It said the error was quickly realised, the kits remained intact and there was no evidence of cross-contamination.

However, student Sophie Dunne, who was given a used kit, said some people had opened and used the testing kits.

Ms Dunne said she was approached by council workers at her home in Tiverton Road who she said wanted to give her a free kit because the area was "high risk".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-54539328

sad jim carrey GIF

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Students partying in the street on the last night before lockdown?  shock horror.

I'm sure we'd have all been doing something like that if we were at uni aged 18.    

I'm actually surprised how restrained students/older teens have been over the past 6 months!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I presume anyone identified that has a job should be sacked?

• Like 1

Â