Generic Virus Thread

villakram

22 hours ago, bickster said:

From today, check out the empty red and white boxes... nitrous oxide canisters used to be in those boxes

40cu39ku44251.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

John Connor - 'We're not gonna make it, are we? People, I mean.'
The Terminator - 'It's in your nature to destroy yourselves'.

• Like 1

It wouldn’t be hard at all to confirm identity on a phone call in this instance

You get a randomly generated code when you register, write it down, and they read it back to you the first time they call. Pretty easy.

I got mildly irritated when in Sainsbury's over the weekend.  People reaching over you to get to what they need (they couldn't wait a few secs so that I could pick up what I needed and move away) and then I observed someone else take their face mask off to have a good cough.  I wanted to say something but by then I just wanted to get out.  

The next few weeks are going to be "interesting". 

Edited by trekka

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

This is one of the saddest posts i've seen on VT for a long time.

What sort of nation are we turning in to where people seem to think it's ok to leave rubbish everywhere?

Sadly this is not an isolated incident as I went for an early morning (7am) walk in Sutton Park and it was a similar scene there. 

The people doing this are probably the very same people who get upset at David Attenborough's tv programmes about the ocean etc.

I was always brought up to not drop litter but then maybe it's a generational thing.

I can't believe that being in lockdown as turned people into thinking it's ok to leave all of there crap wherever they want. What the heck is wrong with people?

It makes me sad and angry.

Scutters !!!!!!! 

Yes theres too many people around who don't give a shit about the environment. Its disgusting. I think everybody caught doing this sort of thing should be given community service cleaning canals, streets etc. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

A lot of people generally don't know how to behave anymore. I don't think I have ever littered. When I see people in cars throwing rubbish out the window I secretly hope they will crash shortly after. 

Yes that too

41 minutes ago, trekka said:

I got mildly irritated when in Sainsbury's over the weekend.  People reaching over you to get to what they need (they couldn't wait a few secs so that I could pick up what I needed and move away) and then I observed someone else take their face mask off to have a good cough.  I wanted to say something but by then I just wanted to get out.  

The next few weeks are going to be "interesting". 

I made the mistake of going to B&Q at the weekend. People patiently queued for nearly 30 minutes to get in, yet once inside they couldn't wait 10 seconds for someone to pick up what they needed and leave.I've lost my patience with this shit after a few trips to the supermarket during lockdown, and now have no problem loudly telling them to back off and get out of my space.

Honestly, if they weren't risking others, I'd encourage all of these stupid pricks to go out to the pub and let this pandemic problem solve itself. We have a critical mass of stupid, selfish words removed. 

• Like 3

On littering, I make absolutely no excuse for people who just leave shit everywhere, especially *on the beach* FFS, but one thing I will say that I've noticed since becoming a dog-owner is just how few bins there are in parks and scenic places in this country. I'm forever carrying bags of dog shit for miles because there are no bins anywhere in sight.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

On littering, I make absolutely no excuse for people who just leave shit everywhere, especially *on the beach* FFS, but one thing I will say that I've noticed since becoming a dog-owner is just how few bins there are in parks and scenic places in this country. I'm forever carrying bags of dog shit for miles because there are no bins anywhere in sight.

All the litter bins in Leeds have been taped up, as the council haven't been emptying them during the lockdown. No excuse all the same, people should take their litter home with them. 

26 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes me too but I have only a small dog so doesn’t worry me much 

43 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Then you go abroad and there’s bins everywhere, said it for years it’s a combination of lack of bins and people as opposed to just the latter.

Same with people pissing in streets, where have all the public toilets gone? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Then you go abroad and there’s bins everywhere, said it for years it’s a combination of lack of bins and people as opposed to just the latter.

Same with people pissing in streets, where have all the public toilets gone? 

Yeah, I go to Canada quite often now for family reasons, and you really notice the difference. Any park in an urban or suburban area will have plenty of bins, and usually not overflowing either.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nicho said:

New Ebola outbreak in the Congo 😳

I saw this story posted on a prominent news site earlier, right below massive amounts of indignation and courageous reporting about the protesting/racism/rioting and the reporters reporting said story in the USA.

Could anyone tell me where "The Congo" is? I know there's the Democratic Republic of Congo and the Republic of Congo, but it's just some place in the arsehole of Africa, so who cares (Toto... ahhh, great!). They are actually referring to the DRC, which apparently is referred to as the Congo, by the locals and wikipedia of course... I guess, they could have said Zaire, or the Belgians old plaything, but that would be rude.

Has media really gone so completely to shit, that such simple courtesy as actually referring to a place by it's actual legal name is not a thing. This may be rhetorical. 

/rant

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Littering is another litmus test for me, whether you're a good person or not. Reminds me of this.

agA07Ox_460s.jpg

Does the shopping trolley have a quid in it?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

What the **** is this nonsense?

The government won't yet release a report into how coronavirus affects BAME people, because it's too close in time to the Black Lives Matter protests. 'One source at Number 10 said that they are incredibly worried that this could be in too close proximity to the Black Lives Matter protests, and it would be in bad taste if they published it'.

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What the **** is this nonsense?

The government won't yet release a report into how coronavirus affects BAME people, because it's too close in time to the Black Lives Matter protests. 'One source at Number 10 said that they are incredibly worried that this could be in too close proximity to the Black Lives Matter protests, and it would be in bad taste if they published it'.

It’s mental. Could they be doing anything more to show that black lives don’t matter?!

• Like 2

Â