Generic Virus Thread

villakram

45 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Oh. I really didn't get that😳

No need to be embarrassed, it’s not like you went  off on one or something .

It was based on posts from Sat that you might have missed , and by fortuitous luck  an open goal was presented that even Ronnie Rosenthal couldn’t have missed  :) ... Fair play though , it was taken in good humour by those involved .

Bad news for gay redneck polygamists, Con men, Cult leaders & Husband murderers...

A Tiger at New Yorks Bronx Zoo has apparently tested positive for Covid-19, 3 other tigers & 3 lions at the zoo may also have it apparently.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/04/05/bronx-zoo-tiger-tests-positive-covid-19/2952027001/

Published 6:54 PM EDT Apr 5, 2020

NEW YORK - Federal officials confirmed a tiger at the Bronx Zoo tested positive for COVID-19, the first known instance of a tiger being infected with the virus.

Nadia, a four-year-old Malayan tiger, was tested after her sister Azul, two Amur tigers and three African lions developed a dry cough. The animals are all expected to recover.

"We tested the cat out of an abundance of caution and will ensure any knowledge we gain about COVID-19 will contribute to the world’s continuing understanding of this novel coronavirus," said the Wildlife Conservation Society, which manages the Bronx Zoo.

The United States Department of Agriculture’s National Veterinary Services Laboratories confirmed the tests on Sunday and is working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention along with state animal and public health leaders to determine whether animals, at the zoo or in other areas, should be tested for COVID-19.

The USDA said there have not been reports of pets being infected with COVID-19 in the United States, but recommended that people with COVID-19 limit contact with animals until more information is known about the virus. If a sick person must care for a pet or be around animals, they should wash their hands before and after the interaction, the department said.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, sne said:

Scariest thing is some people actually falling for it. And that those people are allowed to vote and carry guns.

I gave that a laughing emoji reaction thing but I can't help but find everything about him terrifying.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I must have been extremely lucky so far because I don't know a single person who has caught it yet, I know a few who self isolated but that was just for a sore throat or cough and no other symptoms.

You're unlikely to know whether anyone has genuinely 'had it' unless they get admitted to hospital, as we aren't testing anyone except hospital patients. Sore throat and cough could easily be mild covid.  

14 hours ago, bickster said:

Why should they? The rules apply to everybody because the government want to pay people to protect their jobs and keep them the f*** at home regardless of the size of company they work for.

I'm really not sure why you think they should. Just because they have money? Thats silly. This really isn't about which comapnies have money and those that don't. It isn't a bail out of the banks. Its supporting the entire economy

If it's the right thing to do for the economy and it's what the government want them to do, why are clubs like liverpool getting so heavily criticised for it? 

And if it is so the right thing to do, should man city be criticised for not doing it?

Edited by DCJonah

I'm glad that Spain and Italy are finally starting to look like they're over the hump. The next epicenters will probably be UK, USA, Russia and possibly Eastern Europe. I presume the numbers out of Russia are clear hogwash. It will be good to see what sort of policy the countries that are now looking to the future will introduce so that our team of idiots can try to pick the least crappy alternative when we're out of the woods.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If it's the right thing to do for the economy and it's what the government want them to do, why are clubs like liverpool getting so heavily criticised for it? 

And if it is so the right thing to do, should man city be criticised for not doing it?

On point 1, people are f***ing stupid and let the media tell them what to think. It's the media trying to create a figure of hate, it's neither useful nor clever, in fact it's dangerous.

On point 2, thats up to Man City, they shouldn't be praised or criticised for it, they might have some work for them to do, who knows?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

Yeah but she's a fat black woman who got some numbers wrong once, and most importantly, is a Labour politician.

Meanwhile Dominic Raab is a posh white man with a law degree who is in the natural party of government and one of Our Betters, despite not knowing the biggest port in an island nation is quite important.

So hush, eat your bat virus and like it.

She did also go out wearing two different shoes once.......pretty sure there’s quite a long list of Diane Abbot errors and cock ups......

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

She did also go out wearing two different shoes once.......pretty sure there’s quite a long list of Diane Abbot errors and cock ups......

Are we really still on this?

Let’s not play incompetence top trumps ‘cos I’m fairly sure two different shoes gets beaten hands down by Raab lying to Harry Dunn’s parents.

Tory liar.

That’s hardly something new is it.

• Like 2

Â