Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, Awol said:

The idea that there’s a pool of untapped epidemiological talent in Scotland waiting to be unlocked by Sturgeon is arsecakes, and pure politicking on her part. 

A lot of Scottish talent is in England. The Tories piss em off enough and they'll go back.

2 hours ago, Awol said:

Osborne

His legacy is one of poison. He could end up being to the BBC what Beeching was to national rail.

2 hours ago, Awol said:

The ‘filth’ part is a bit OTT though, I viscerally despise Corbyn/McDonnell but avoid phrases like ‘Labour filth’. Not a very reasonable way to describe people you disagree with, imo.

Some folk are nasty because they're thick or ignorant? If you're educated, aware and nasty that's another level. If you're knowingly making services worse that others rely on, because you think you have the right to make money out of it? You're a base individual, no matter where you went to school or how much money you've got?

• Like 2

How have the supermarkets been this week? Not been out the door since Sunday but will need to do a trip to buy food and supplies tomorrow. They still mobbed out or ok?

Just now, Xela said:

How have the supermarkets been this week? Not been out the door since Sunday but will need to do a trip to buy food and supplies tomorrow. They still mobbed out or ok?

I was wondering this too. Need to get supplies tomorrow.

I saw one comment about a queue outside a Morrison’s at opening time suggesting an hour later it’s much quieter.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Very quiet down here in Sussex since Mothers' Day.  Pretty much full supplies but still rationing important things and allowing one in, one out (the queue does actually move quite quickly even if it's snaking round the car park).  I reckon getting in before the weekend is a good idea though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I saw one comment about a queue outside a Morrison’s at opening time suggesting an hour later it’s much quieter.

Missus said there were queues at M&S and Morrison’s near us but due to a limited number of people being allowed in at once 

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'll probably head out about 11. Should have calmed down by then 

• Like 1

@Xela @Genie

When I went today it was 2 in 2 out, the queues were practically right round the carpark but the 2m advise was being adhered to so It probably looked far worse than it actually was. 

Just now, av1 said:

@Xela @Genie

When I went today it was 2 in 2 out, the queues were practically right round the carpark but the 2m advise was being adhered to so It probably looked far worse than it actually was. 

Might just pop to local Spar or Coop in that case. 

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Went to Sainsburys yesterday about 4pm.

It was neigh on empty. Access to the till straight away, no queues.

Managed to get everything i needed, Fresh veg, fruit. meat, bread, milk, etc.

Some shelves were empty, no pasta and stuff like that.

Wine and beers shelves very low on stock. It made me chuckle that the only wine left on the shelves was £8 a bottle and above.

Clearly us Brits are a bunch of cheapskate piss heads 😀

• Like 1

Story from Sweden that is a bit worrying 

Henrik tested positive for corona - after 12 symptom-free days

Henrik Tidefjärd was infected by the corona virus after a ski trip in Austria.

After two weeks in quarantine, and 12 days without symptoms, he took another test.

The test response was, again, positive.

"You can only forget that with two symptom-free days" he says

Aftonbladet has previously written about Henrik Tidefjärd from Eskilstuna who lives in Berlin . In early March he went skiing in Tyrol. Two days after returning from the Alps , he woke up with a slight fever and cough. Henrik stayed home from work and immediately got to test himself.

- Late in the evening of March 10, the doctor called me and said I had corona. Then I sat directly in the home quarantine and isolated myself from the outside world, says Henrik.

Only two days later, Henrik was completely symptom-free and felt good again. But he remained in quarantine until Monday, when two weeks had passed.

- Then it was really free for me to go back to work. But I made the decision to take an extra test, to be absolutely sure, says Henrik.

After the test was taken he was called by several doctors. It turned out that the test of positive.

- If I had not taken the test I would be a free man. Now I was told that I would quit for another two weeks. It gets double for me, says Henrik.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/0nApE2/henrik-testades-positivt-for-corona--efter-12-symtomfria-dagar

• Sad 4

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

Waitrose in Meregreen was good this morning according to the Mrs. everyone behaving themselves too.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Genie said:

Who is going to clap on their doorstep tonight then?

I had a clap on a doorstep previously and it took 14 months to get rid of it, so I won’t be doing that again.

• Like 1

Same happened in this case albeit slightly differently @sne. His timeline was Coronavirus symptoms on the 19th February 2020 and he tested positive for the virus on the 21st March 2020.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Â