Generic Virus Thread

villakram

29 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

So total lockdown isn't quite how I'd expected to spend my 40th birthday! But to be honest it's just made me appreciate the wee things. Hopefully after all this nonsense we can all enjoy the stuff we previously took for granted. And no football has definitely made our lives a bit less stressful 

Happy birthday!

I was very lucky to squeeze my 40th in before the lock, only just though. 

Might I suggest that you have two birthday's this year? Pick another date for when this is all over and celebrate it properly. 

11 minutes ago, Xann said:

90293801_2708268085965845_583119162793000960_o.thumb.jpg.acb4d15d93a62d49a6a07d18219eddfa.jpg90144942_2708268092632511_5070633639423770624_o.thumb.jpg.a95a715b9e89d0df0dbd5210bf33d0b4.jpg

Scum will be scum :angry:

I'm literally the least technically minded person in the world, but if so many people get this message, there must be a way of working out where it comes from, surely?

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

I'm literally the least technically minded person in the world, but if so many people get this message, there must be a way of working out where it comes from, surely?

I figured it was from the government and anyone stupid enough to fill it in isn’t worth a place on the space ship to Alpha Centura when it leaves 

51 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This has the unfortunate feel of an attempt to mask how bad things are. Obviously the aim should be to inform families of fatalities as fast as possible, but I don't honestly see why that would slow down the release of anonymised fatality numbers in the midst of a public health crisis.

Taking this at face value it just means the numbers tomorrow might be a bit grim. Don’t think it’s an attempt to cover things up, dead bodies can’t be hidden.

Imagine the Spanish are going to be a bit narked about this..

Salvini stood up in the Italian Parliament earlier and accused China of crimes against humanity for concealing the extent of the virus, and denying human to human transmission until late January. 

Don’t think we’ll have to worry about getting Huawei 5G when this is over! 

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Salvini stood up in the Italian Parliament earlier and accused China of crimes against humanity for concealing the extent of the virus, and denying human to human transmission until late January. 

I’m far from convinced that they’ve got a grip on it now to be honest, how can anyone trust the news out of there?!

• Like 2

Old school friend of mine did the full “F**k the government, f**k the scientists” speech on Facebook because the clip of some Korean daytime Tv programme from 2018 mentioned Corona Virus so they must have known about this for ages... 

Guess which team he supports.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

In last nights press conferences the scientist chap was saying they must test the kits properly. Rush them out and they are not accurate and we get people who have the virus told they don’t. And people told they don’t when they have. I was pretty pissed off that the line of questioning was still “get them out faster”.

What happens in Spain is what happens when you don’t do it properly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’m far from convinced that they’ve got a grip on it now to be honest, how can anyone trust the news out of there?!

Quite. Also the Czechs had to stop using the tests they got from China due to an 80% failure rate. 

4 hours ago, Awol said:

SAGE is the cream of UK scientific advice, consolidated to give national support. There is no group of qualified subject matter experts in Scotland that’s not feeding into the wider effort. 

She and her ultra nationalist mates are terrified the benefits of the union are about to get a definitive demonstration. Scotland has 58 ICU beds, we’re going to get clobbered up here without UK support.

I thinks she actually said it may be that Scotland will need to be treated differently to other parts of the UK and this is likely to be based on their lack of ICU capacity. This may well mean going onto complete lock down.  A UK wide policy may not be the way forward given that some areas don't have the resources of others,

Edited by markavfc40

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Saw this on FB , thought I’d post it here in case @markavfc40  @Xann @bicksterEtc wanted to change their profile pictures to it and perhaps share with friends  :D

I have't included the picture as part of the quote mate as I don't think we need to be subjected to it again. It was very nice of you to think of me though and whilst not wishing to seem ungrateful I won't be updating my profile picture. I've become way too attached to my Thatcher and Tebbit one.

Edited by markavfc40

Â