Match Thread: Villa v Watford

limpid

Just now, avfc1982am said:

This season is far to early for Konsa and Hause. They need to make up or whatever with Engels and get our back line more stable. Either that or just bring Chester in.

Couldn't agree more. 

What about a back three trio of:

Engels - Chester - Mings

Just now, romavillan said:

We can still get something out of this. We were well on top but with no end product. we need to take heart from that and start bossing the ball again.

I just can't see us scoring two goals

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Smith out! 

That's a hot take on a performance where we've comfortably outplayed the form team in the league. We have no senior striker. 

Edited by Dale
  • Like 3

Does anyone actually believe Hause and Konsa are better than Engels? God knows what's gone on there but it needs sorting out. Other than that a real lack of quality with our final ball. One positive is that Nakamba has had his best half for quite a while.

• Like 4

Just now, DCJonah said:

No real threat going forward and shambolic at the back. Not really the key to success. 

We've actually played quite well. We are 2 - 3 players off staying in this league

or the ability to coach people to pass the ball forwards to each other.

Absolute turgid shite.

Not sure we would have scored if we had a striker, still not getting much quality into the box. 

Our best chance looks like Jack solo magic or a penalty.

Despite playing much better (we couldn’t be worse), I don’t understand why Smith starts with Luiz on the bench?

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Hause has been terrible this first half. Even when their player broke free from the halfway like and Reina came out to clear, it was Hause that was a couple of yards behind the rest of the back line and playing their player on-side. 

Konsa hasn't been much better and without doubt should have been the man marking Deeney. To be fair, even if he went up for the header with Deeney, I think he would have wanted it more and still scored. 

Up until that goal, I thought we looked quite good albeit without ever really looking like scoring. It's clear as day that we do not have a striker, someone to make clever runs and hold the ball up whilst bringing others into play. 

Nakamba has been the stand-out Villa player so far. He's been brilliant for that 45 minutes and even matched up against Capoue on a couple of occasions. 

He needs to get a grip of that defence otherwise they'll score more. 

Konsa frustrating, sometimes looks Rolls-Royce technically and then Robin Reliant positionally without the ball.

Just now, PaulC said:

Smith out! 

I've criticised Smith at times but today the intensity, effort and attitude has been spot on. The problem is quality, the lack quality at the back which enabled Deeney to get a free header with three of our players in the box, the quality in midfield is shite, no final ball, almost all deliveries into the box utter shite and of course, no striker.

I don't blame Smith for this, I blame Suso, we've signed an expensive load of **** shite.

• Like 2